Notices

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I'll have to confirm that the camera sounds behaviour seem to be country-specific.
In my North-European variant, when I set N9 to silent, there is no shutter sound when taking pictures.
Funny requirement, that. Is it really mandated by law in some countries...?

in Italy I found a press release of 2009 AConfirm d ... "The obligation of the clicking noise in the camera is already state law in Japan and South Coreal and could soon also in the U.S. and then in Europe."

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by phr View Post
The builtin camera app has an annoying, loud shutter sound when you take a picture, that seems impossible to turn off, some requirement of European phone cameras I think.
There is no european law requiring an audible shutter sound on camera phones, despite the repeated claims on many websites that this is the case. The only country to try legislate for this, as far as I am aware, is the US, with the "The Camera Phone Predator Alert Act" back in 2009, and that was never enacted into law (I presume it is possible that individual states may have their own views on this). Oh, and Korea, I believe.

It is the case that certain carriers have taken it upon themselves to ensure there is an audible sound (e.g. Sprint in the US, I believe), but it is not a legal requirement.

Nice camera app, but start up time is a little slow.

One thing I miss in about any camera application is the option to save your own presets.
My DSLR has this option and lets me quickly recall settings by selecting C1, C2 or C3 on my dial.

It would be nice if we could save some (3 for example) custom settings and these settings could then be quickly accessed by pressing a numbered or colored button on the left of the screen.

How could this be implemented?
- User sets the camera settings
- User presses one of the preset buttons for 2 seconds to save the settings
- then the user can press a preset button to quickly recall the settings behind that button.

one could then save for example the following presets:
- normal mode with flash
- normal mode without flash
- night mode

The Following User Says Thank You to icecream For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
I apologize for the delay. The front camera support took more than I anticipated and I got busy with work and life. Basic support is there but it's incomplete.
It's in front_camera branch in git but I will not release it now (it shows an error upon startup but works). I need a while to finish that but I will continue working on other features.

Originally Posted by icecream View Post
Nice camera app, but start up time is a little slow.

One thing I miss in about any camera application is the option to save your own presets.
My DSLR has this option and lets me quickly recall settings by selecting C1, C2 or C3 on my dial.

It would be nice if we could save some (3 for example) custom settings and these settings could then be quickly accessed by pressing a numbered or colored button on the left of the screen.

How could this be implemented?
- User sets the camera settings
- User presses one of the preset buttons for 2 seconds to save the settings
- then the user can press a preset button to quickly recall the settings behind that button.

one could then save for example the following presets:
- normal mode with flash
- normal mode without flash
- night mode
Start up time is a bit of an issue and I know. I gradually refactor and optimize here and there but i am still slower than native camera app (which is always running BTW).

I would like to have presets but the viewfinder is already cluttered IMHO and I really don't want to *** something more. I will try to think of something but of course ideas are more than welcomed

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hi I tried building the front_camera branch for personal use but during compilation I got the following error and wasn't able to find the file mentioned:
Code:
In file included from plugin.cpp:26:
zoom.h:26: fatal error: capability.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated
Could you please help?

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Hi I tried building the front_camera branch for personal use but during compilation I got the following error and wasn't able to find the file mentioned:
Code:
In file included from plugin.cpp:26:
zoom.h:26: fatal error: capability.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated
Could you please help?

Thanks
The file is missing from git. I pushed it to the branch.

I am also attaching a deb built from front_camera branch
Attached Files
File Type: deb cameraplus_0.0.4-1_armel.deb (342.1 KB, 93 views)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
I've just uploaded 0.0.5 which has the "shiny" new UI I've been working on for the last few months.
I am also now using own icons so a reboot is required in order for theme daemon to "notice" the new icons.

Front camera is now supported too

Reboot is required after installation

Last edited by MSameer; 2013-08-18 at 11:34.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Front camera!!! wow...

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Italy
Hello, i just installed the new version, and it appears like this http://postimg.org/image/9tpuaeo5z/
Should i do something?

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!