Hopefully facebook widget updates to this
Attached Images

whats that on?

It's a pic of the facebook widget on the upcoming DELL Streak

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Can this be done on the N900? Would love this actually

That would take up some serious screen real estate

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Might as well have a facebook application IMHO, that thing takes up 60% of the screen.

Actually the Dell streak also uses an 800x480 screen, so theoretically it could only use up half a home screen like on the device shown.

In any case this isn't going to come to the N900 any time soon, if at all, Facebook has shown very little interest in smaller communities. Even the Winmo 6.5 community which is many times larger than ours has a very bad facebook application, and it can't be ported because it's proprietary software.

If you want better facebook integration without switching devices your best bet is to wait for Meego, which will probably have at least a little more than a lame scrolling widget.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Yeah but so what if it takes up all the screen remember we have 4 desktops on the n900..... 3 of them i dont even use at the moment, this could easliy go on one of them

Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
Yeah but so what if it takes up all the screen remember we have 4 desktops on the n900..... 3 of them i dont even use at the moment, this could easliy go on one of them
so a full screen for facebook?

I don't think everyone wants that

this would be nice to have, as an active facebook user, the widget is crap. I would like to see an app just like the iphone as its one of the very few things i want that the iphone has.

The Following User Says Thank You to tobylee For This Useful Post: