Active Topics

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
That sounds like a dodgy hack ;-)

What's in the mplayer log?

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Support for FLV in upstream MPlayer is still not perfect (though it was improved in 1.0rc1 release). It has some problems with seeking and can't drop frames, so it is possible to get audio lags on heavier video files. If the same problem can be reproduced with x86 version of mplayer, it should be reported upstream, so we may get better FLV support in the coming 1.0rc2 release.

With all that said, FLV support is still not so bad in MPlayer, it definitely can be used to watch FLV videos if you can tolerate some quirks.

Hi all
any news ??

I use keepvid.com to paste the youtube url, it give me the url of the flv file.
in xterm:
mplayer url_of_the.flv

Play perfectly the stream without having to save it.

Is it possible to add an option to stream the file and one to save the file in the sd ?

thank ou for your work !
(please email me a beta whn possible : maemo at xetranet-com)

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Rexburg, Idaho
Picture me way excited about this project. Push on boys!!

Cancelled.

uktube does the job about as well as my prototypes did: the youtube API just isn't where I want it to be.

That said, I'm debating putting together a proxy that would intercept YouTube video downloads, save them to a specified directory, and auto-start mplayer. You'd browse YouTube normally, but the video player would be replaced by a large "Play with MPlayer" button: clicking it would start the DL and start MPlayer.

...really, I'd rather working flash

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
There's still a lot of room for an application as polished as the iPhone's newly announced YouTube app. One where you don't have to visit the YouTube website at all, can browse/search/watch/bookmark all from one app.

Perhaps things Urho's got in mind.

Originally Posted by aleksandyr View Post
Cancelled.

uktube does the job about as well as my prototypes did: the youtube API just isn't where I want it to be.

That said, I'm debating putting together a proxy that would intercept YouTube video downloads, save them to a specified directory, and auto-start mplayer. You'd browse YouTube normally, but the video player would be replaced by a large "Play with MPlayer" button: clicking it would start the DL and start MPlayer.

...really, I'd rather working flash
good, but i prefer to stream the video using the keepvid.com method ....
would be great if uktube allow us to stream the video using mplayer rather than to download it before (specially for large video ...)

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Next version of uktube is streaming. I will try to release it today. It's bound to ukmp release. Ukmp 1.4 is a bit rough on the edges, so I'll maybe release it as 1.4 beta today. Sounds like a good plan?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
There's still a lot of room for an application as polished as the iPhone's newly announced YouTube app. One where you don't have to visit the YouTube website at all, can browse/search/watch/bookmark all from one app.

Perhaps things Urho's got in mind.
I do have that kind of support in mind and that should be relatively easy to implement, but will take some time to do it properly.

One big problem is that I can't use the keyboard in pygame app. Any ideas on how to get around that issue?