Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
As far as I understand all SDXC cards will work
Originally Posted by phedders View Post
Older hardware does not support XC. I dont know if the N800 will or not, but it predates the XC specs. According to wikipedia - XC compatible devices did not start appearing until 2010.
As with the N900 this only "officially supports" SDHC upto 32GB (only 16GB's were available on first release). This hasn't stopped me installing a UHS-1 64GB SDXC card.

I agree it will probably not be running at UHS but I have 64 GB storage none the less.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by phedders View Post
Older hardware does not support XC. I dont know if the N800 will or not, but it predates the XC specs.
Hardware-wise, XC is HC. Wikipedia has more details.

At least the N800 does handle SD version 2 - so SDHC up to 32GB... and I think the hardware could in theory support XC - but not at higher speeds and possibly not without software/firmware support. I'd love to be proved wrong
There are some reports of working cards here.

Speed-wise, Nokia disabled high speed (either 24 or 48MHz) support in the driver as it caused problems with some cards (and I was also too chicken to re-enable for everyone in the CSSU), but there are simpe patches to re-enable it around for those who need the extra speed and know what they are doing.

(As a side note _ I have several USB adaptors that support SDHC, but really annoyingly not SDXC.)
That's because the SD driver runs on the embedded controller inside the adaptor and can't be updated :-(

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Hardware-wise, XC is HC. Wikipedia has more details.

There are some reports of working cards here.

Speed-wise, Nokia disabled high speed (either 24 or 48MHz) support in the driver as it caused problems with some cards (and I was also too chicken to re-enable for everyone in the CSSU), but there are simpe patches to re-enable it around for those who need the extra speed and know what they are doing.
Thats great! I've never owned an N800 but it's good for those that do.

That's because the SD driver runs on the embedded controller inside the adaptor and can't be updated :-(
Indeed I was just pointing out that HC support does mean XC will be supported.

N900 with 2TB (or N800 with 4TB) storage space is extremely neat to imagine, especially, that no reasons why it shouldn't work. Now, what those "new" devices without *SD slot will tell us?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
N900 with 2TB (or N800 with 4TB) storage space is extremely neat to imagine...
Sure, it's a neat thought, right up until your brain gets around to imagining the part where you launch Canola and it begins indexing 4TB of audio files.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I have a couple of adaptors (MicroSD 2 SD) i just can't remember where i bought them, but yes mugen cover with normal battery or some special battery config then you can fit the adaptor in there, and then you got 128GB + 32GB (28'ish GB).

EDIT: found one

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
EDIT: found one
Nice find, but:
... supply cheap SD to MicroSD/TransFlash Card Converter Module ...
- Converts SD card into MicroSD/TF card
- Support SDHC
- Support card capacity: 8GB max
Not really tech-highlight, or? -but cheap-

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
N900 with 2TB (or N800 with 4TB) storage space is extremely neat to imagine, especially, that no reasons why it shouldn't work.
/Estel
IIRC the whole "works with SDXC" thing is only up to UHS-1 (Gen 1 SDXC). The compatibility details after UHS-1 are sketchy at best (at the moment)

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Europe
I was just considering to extend my N900 storage capacity. So what is the maximum that should work normally? I thought it was 32, but on the official (?) data it says 16 GB; while here you're discussing even larger capacities.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Nice find, but:
Not really tech-highlight, or? -but cheap-
Ok first off all, it is a direct connector so MAX Limit would be (with future updates) 999,999,999,999,999,999 TB