Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
Really cant believe the nasty comments sent by pm to me just for trying to sell a phone. Didnt realise how hated Turing is within the forum. I used to enjoy coming here (for the past 8 years ever since my n900) but wont be anymore. Good luck.
Just ignore them all the put it onto eBay.

This place is suitable for selling a 8 year old N900, not for device that rare.

And I'm sorry for the response you got, I got the same when I tried to sell a brand new N950 before. They completely ignoring how rare the device is and think that only worth what the hardware is.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Haha, nice.
Not the first time this forum prevented premature decisions actually.
Kudos to everone helping wormdrummer out.

Now, would you mind spending some 15 minutes to do some of the listed Benchmarks?
At least those Gecko benchs have clickable links and should be quick to do if you open the page in SFOS browser.

At least i am still curious of how the device performs.
I quickly ran the first couple of tests. The first one (raiden video) had an fps of 48.9

The next.couple scored almost double to Jolla C. When I get time, I will run the all and.post results.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Very good, thank you!
Your decision to stay makes you the winner

Usally, tmo buy/sell flamewars are triggered by the fear someone could have the audacity to try making more money out of a given hardware than the holy spaghettimonster or richard stallman would allow.
Nothing to take personal.

EDIT got the spreadsheet attached, rename from .zip to .ods!
Attached Files
File Type: zip benchmark_cli_final.zip (370.9 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by mosen; 2017-03-12 at 22:58.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Can we watch the "tone" a little, please?!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
I got my first N900 as soon as it became available, got two more after that, still have all three in working condition, got one of the few N950's, one N9, donated to the Neo900 project years ago without ever expecting a device, got the Jolla 1 from the start, the Jolla C, and even a backup Intex Aqua Fish that I converted to C with coderus' script. Before the N900 I was on Symbian, and I have never owned or used an Iphone or Android device in my life.
Does anyone here care about your history? Anyone? Please?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
Really cant believe the nasty comments sent by pm to me just for trying to sell a phone. Didnt realise how hated Turing is within the forum. I used to enjoy coming here (for the past 8 years ever since my n900) but wont be anymore. Good luck.
Well that's not on, name and shame I say!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
And I'm sorry for the response you got, I got the same when I tried to sell a brand new N950 before. They completely ignoring how rare the device is and think that only worth what the hardware is.
Does anyone care how rare an N950 is? Well, maybe, but for the opposite reason you seem to think. The rarer the phone, the less inclined most would be to make an offer for it. I mean, who is actually stupid enough to collect "rare" phones? It is only worth what the hardware is worth, and I say that owning one myself. And, in the case of the Turing, that phone is worth considerably less than the hardware itself, I'd say...

Does anyone here care about your history? Anyone? Please?
I wouldn't have cared enough to even make a comment if the tables were turned, but since you did, what does that say about you?

Just ignore them all the put it onto eBay.

This place is suitable for selling a 8 year old N900, not for device that rare.

PM me when you have another n950 for sale

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meego_leenooks1 For This Useful Post:
I don't think you understand how collecting things works.

Is a stamp or a coin worth its face value? Not at all, if it's rare, and people desire it. It's worth whatever people are willing to pay for it.

I personally wouldn't pay anything for a Turing phone, because I don't collect rare phones. But since wormdrummer isn't trying to convince people it's worth lots *for its function as a phone* (edit - and also because since Turing appears to be stillborn, it isn't like selling it to a collector is going to deprive the developer community of it) I can't for the life of me think what your objection is.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
*snip* who is actually stupid enough to collect "rare" phones? It is only worth what the hardware is worth, *snip*
That is your opinion.
Fact is collectors exist and payed 690€ for a Jolla Tablet, ~500€ for a Jolla C and way more than a grant for the only Turing Prototype that hit ebay some weeks ago.

Offering those device here usually means the person doing so is not after the money but wants to give it into good hands or even feature a developer.

Making it even more inapproriate to attack the OP...

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
selling, turing