Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by KylliOrvokki View Post
I am quite sure that device will come and it will work.
This because it seems to be the Intex phone which is already made.
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
How do you know it has already been made?
Well, I have seen it with my own eyes so I should indeed believe it exists.

Besides, I would also like to throw in the little fact that the Jolla tablet had also been already made before the fiasco
Not really. The tablet is far from fiasco, I am perfectly happy with it.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Might not be fail for people who received device, for others like me it is

I would actually be more happy if it didnt ship at all, I would be spared of "pain" looking at "lucky" ones who received device showing off. /jealousyOFF

Anyhow, spared fist half of reimbursement money on Jolla C. Hopefully won't go down the sink, again ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
I guess i was one of the first to see this thread but nevertheless i didn't ordered one and i don't understand those in detail who are whining somehow that they did not get one. Get an used Nexus5, a Oneplus One X or ... install sfos and be happy!

https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
SFDroid is not available on OPX but yes i am happy with the OPX

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
How do you know it has already been made?
Yes. Actually you are right. I don't know for sure hence wrote "quite sure" and not "sure sure".

https://cdn.jolla.com/wp-content/upl...6_FINAL_72.pdf
"Jolla C is currently being assembled and will ship for the program members in July 2016

Proto has been there for long time and one picture from Slush would indicate that there is already device.
But based on information on dual-sim problems I again guess that Intex has been forced to delay the launch. And now I would guess that dual-sim problem(+whatnot else) has been solved and they can flash "working" sailfishos to phones at production line and launch it.

Also this discussion about warranty might be irrelevant. We did not buy device but we bought participation on program. This program included right to get "proto device? = Jolla C" for developing and testing.
Anyone into law could deny/conform this?

To get device with warranty (in India)- one would need to buy phone from Intex India (if that launch happens) or hope that Intex would start selling that phone outside India.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Regarding the warranty or the lack thereof. That is how I see it, although IANAL so it may all be a load of bull. You have been warned.

I believe nieldk and others are referring to the EU directive 1999/44/EC. It mandates a compulsory minimum warranty period of 2 years within the EU from the day of delivery of the goods.

However, as any other law, it has a few loopholes. For example, a consumer is defined as, "any natural person who, in the contracts covered by this Directive, is acting for purposes which are not related to his trade, business or profession". This is not applicable in this case unless buying Jolla C is related to your business, which is unlikely. But it does highlight just one of a number of exceptions: the 2 years warranty applies if Johnny Carrot the bloke down the road buys a hammer to use in his house but not if the same Johnny Carrot the plumber buys the same hammer for his plumbing business.

More of an interest may be this clause:
(b) consumer goods: shall mean any tangible movable item, with the exception of:
- goods sold by way of execution or otherwise by authority of law,
- water and gas where they are not put up for sale in a limited volume or set quantity,
- electricity;

Please note the "tangible movable item". The product Jolla is selling is not a tangible movable item. It is a one year subscription fee to the development programme. They are loaning you the device to participate in that programme. It does not, however, exonerate them from providing the warranty. By giving you a device as part of the programme, they indicate that the device is an integral part of that programme and that the programme cannot continue without the device. If the device breaks, they either have to fix or replace it or they have to end your subscription, in which case you should be eligible for a refund of an aliquot part of your subscription fee.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
The shift to 2.0 ui brought some obvious unresolved oom problems.
I think it is much more work to optimze for 1GB compared to simply declaring 2GB to be the reference.
That would be really worrying if the 1000 JC become the reference implementation of SFOS as we're probably ten times more with the J1.

And 72mm, it's too big.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
I guess i was one of the first to see this thread but nevertheless i didn't ordered one and i don't understand those in detail who are whining somehow that they did not get one. Get an used Nexus5, a Oneplus One X or ... install sfos and be happy!

https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
It's not that simple, and I can say that because I've used a N5 with SFOS as my primary phone for some months.

Ports are great, but have all some kind of issues. And more, I don't know any port usable on a daily basis on a good small phone, let say a Sony Zx Compact for example.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, I have seen it with my own eyes so I should indeed believe it exists.
I was in touch with a tablet and the people from Jolla promised, it will come to all backers. It's true (I took a pic): http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...97#post1491397

Not really. The tablet is far from fiasco, I am perfectly happy with it.
Do you have some advice to prolong battery lifetime for this beauty?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
What mostly intrests me HW-wise is the quality of the display and camera; those are the achilles heel of SBJ really.
Little birds told me that the camera on Jolla C/Intex is (a lot) better than the one in Jolla.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubbless For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os