Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
That's right and I have no proxy setup
You could tunnel traffic over HTTP using httptunnel. Are there any other protocols which work besides HTTP? Can you try connecting to a HTTPS server using telnet to hostname port 443?

[QUOTE=promethh;341007] As someone who actively uses his Nokia N810 WiMAX in MD/DC/VA, mine connects to the XOHM SSID and sees the Clear SSID.

Just a minute, I thought WiMax was not working in DC anymore...lots of chatter very early in the year that the test modes seemed to have been 'turned off" Are you conisistently getting signals in DC? I have Xohm USB device for my laptop, is anyone else getting that to work in DC?

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
N810WE works on Clearwire network.
http://twitpic.com/lt0iy

The Following User Says Thank You to rjzak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by rjzak View Post
N810WE works on Clearwire network.
http://twitpic.com/lt0iy
Good news. Was that in DC area?

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Was in Philadelphia the other day and was able to use the Clearwire WiMax with my N810WE to make GV calls and surf the net, nice unit (wonder why Nokia walked away from WiMax). The funny thing is back in Baltimore/DC I am having trouble getting log on to Xohm, can view some sites but not all sites or use GV which I can do in Philadelphia. Waiting for Clearwire to take over Xohm here in Baltimore/DC.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heavyt For This Useful Post:
I just purchased the Clear Mondi package as I travel from Philadelphia, Baltimore and I live in Fairfax. I'm hoping I can use the device in the NOVA/DC area as well as the other two cities which Clear has active service mentioned above. I told the rep from Clear that I worked in Philadelphia which enabled me to purchase the product using one of our satellite office addresses. I'm curious though will I have to activate the Mondi service in Philly, or Baltimore before I can use it in NOVA or will it even work in the DC/NOVA area?

Thanks, Jim

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Annapolis, MD, USA
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Good news. Was that in DC area?
Sorry for responding so late, but yes, that is in Reston, VA, just outside of DC.

Originally Posted by rjzak View Post
Sorry for responding so late, but yes, that is in Reston, VA, just outside of DC.
Was the network labeled Clearwire or Xohm? The reason I ask is I was in the DC area two weeks ago and I did not pick up a Clearwire or a Xohm network. Clearwire is going to switch Baltimore Xohm over to Clearwire Dec 2nd and as of today Nov 28th the network is still called Xohm.

Last edited by heavyt; 2009-11-29 at 00:45.

Originally Posted by mediapirate View Post
I just purchased the Clear Mondi package as I travel from Philadelphia, Baltimore and I live in Fairfax. I'm hoping I can use the device in the NOVA/DC area as well as the other two cities which Clear has active service mentioned above. I told the rep from Clear that I worked in Philadelphia which enabled me to purchase the product using one of our satellite office addresses. I'm curious though will I have to activate the Mondi service in Philly, or Baltimore before I can use it in NOVA or will it even work in the DC/NOVA area?

Thanks, Jim
I asked a Clear Rep a similar question and he swore that there are no "roaming" charges or penalties. If you are in an area that Clear services, your device will work.

No roaming charges. Using it in BWI and PHL.

Tags
clear, n810we, sprint 4g, wimax, xohm