Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Hey all,

I have a spare power adapter for my N810, and was wondering if it was possible to sacrifice it and a spare USB cable to produce a cable I could use to charge either from a handy USB port on my computer or the USB cigarette lighter adapter in my car.

Is this possible? Recommended? Does anyone have the pinouts to make a cable such as this?

Thanks,
--vr

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Buy one. This seems complicated because you will have to change the voltage, and could fry your tablet if you are not careful.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Given what you can buy usb power adaptors with interchangable ends for over here in the UK (about £1), I cannot see the economic logic in making your own. It would cost more in parts.

They work great as well for trickle charging your tablet, although you need the wall charger for reasonably quick charging though.

Buy a CA-100 and change the cord. You can get them quite inexpensively from Amazon.

Last edited by TheConstruct; 2009-06-14 at 03:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheConstruct For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I'm with the others. There are USB power adapters for the NITs already out there. Just spend a few bucks and get one. As for the cigarette lighter, they have both a nokia portable cigarette lighter charger, and you can buy in the store a device that converts the 12v cigarette lighter to 5v usb. Honestly though, I'd just buy the usb charge cable and the cigarette lighter charge cable. It'd just be a lot easier than what you're proposing to do.

The one cable that IS worth converting is the USB so that it forces the tablet into host mode automatically.