Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
There already many devices that run Linux like the NITS, SmartQ tablets, Archos devices with Angstrom SDE, HTC Windows mobile devices ran linux through haret.exe, Android is linux when rooted, Openmoko, and the list goes on a linux mobile device is nothing special
I can see from your post that this phone is not for you. Move along.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
I think that lack of N9 release may also have to do with N9 not being competitive in the USA. I already heard several people not that happy with VKB. That is a deal breaker. Who knows what other bugs there are.
A bit vague don't you think? There are hardly any products out there that wouldn't have "problems" like that.

At least two people, one from finland and the other from california that had chance to check it out
I'm all for making informed decisions based on the opinions of others, but when the opinions you base your decision upon come from people who have spent less than 30 minutes with the device, what's the point? EVERY device has a learning curve, and that curve differs dramatically from person to person. Let's try and base our opinions on in depth reviews, rather than the opinions of people who waited in line for an hour just to use the phone for 10 minutes.

note: I'm not saying the opinions of people who have used the device for shorter amounts of time are invalid, I'm just saying they should carry less weight.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Every device has a learning curve. The only problem is that many of the most recent NOKIA devices DO NOT HAVE a curve....but a flat line, like a dead horse. I bet this thing is buggy from the get go and NOKIA brass knows that only Third World will buy this defect

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by oweng View Post
Here's an idea, how about you email Mr Elop (or whoever happens to be replying on his behalf)?

I found it most useful.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75667
I am familiar with suits and the amount of enlightenment they shed.

I read the thread you pointed to already. I already had a CEO who took over my company, made millions, bailed, and left customers and employees to go down the tubes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Every device has a learning curve. The only problem is that many of the most recent NOKIA devices DO NOT HAVE a curve....but a flat line, like a dead horse. I bet this thing is buggy from the get go and NOKIA brass knows that only Third World will buy this defect
I know from living in said "Third World" that they pay more attention to the phone they buy than Americans. They won't buy it either if it is crap. Hopefully it is not.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
I do, as he is the representent of a public company and speaks in the company's name.

(Yet that doesn't mean I think insulting him is right nor improves the quality of tmo)
A rough rule of thumb. btw, is that anyone who holds press conferences is definitely a public figure. Not that that is the only criterion possible. Maybe a janitor who speaks out at a union meeting is still not a public figure, but Elop is not a close call; he is big and obvious.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I am familiar with suits and the amount of enlightenment they shed.

I read the thread you pointed to already. I already had a CEO who took over my company, made millions, bailed, and left customers and employees to go down the tubes.
Here, here... watched it from a close distance once, been through that experience personally two times (narrowly avoided a third time--left before they folded) already. I know it when I see it, now. Nokia's doing suspiciously similar dance moves.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
A rough rule of thumb. btw, is that anyone who holds press conferences is definitely a public figure. Not that that is the only criterion possible. Maybe a janitor who speaks out at a union meeting is still not a public figure, but Elop is not a close call; he is big and obvious.
Actually, if that janitor was then asked by the press to keep showing up to make statements about his speaking out, he would be considered a public figure too.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Ok, now you just sound like you don't want it to be good. People have used the N950 extensively say, the VKB is more than good, and you dismiss it as a different device, when, the firmware on the N9 is supposedly better. So if the N950 has similar firmware, albeit older, and the VKB is said to be good, how are you dismissing that? You sound like a bitter, jilted ex lover. I'm done discussing this with you, as you have proven time and time again, that your mind is already made up that the device will have faults. More power to you, but I'm not interested in having discussions with people that refuse to acknowledge valid points supported by facts. Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited by unfuccwittable; 2011-08-13 at 00:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
I bet this thing is buggy from the get go and NOKIA brass knows that only Third World will buy this defect
I guess you would have already bedtime...

Tags
bada rox, buysomethinelse, facepalm(tm), galactus, goodbye nokia, just stop, n9 rox