Notices

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Netherlands
Can anyone advise on the following?

I recently added my work email/agenda through the exchange account.
All agenda items are synced and shown on the billboard lps, except items that are reoccuring.
For instance a meeting I have every two weeks is not shown with the {events} command, not even when the meeting is tomorrow, or today.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
I am playing with N9 QuickTweak .....then i must reinstall Billboard via Store, and now: maximum downloads reached!
I am pay it again?

WTF?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by MAX9 View Post
I am playing with N9 QuickTweak .....then i must reinstall Billboard via Store, and now: maximum downloads reached!
I am pay it again?

WTF?
Contact Store support with your original purchase's reference number... Let them know that it keeps saying failed installation so never installed on the device and now max downloads reached... They will unlock it for you to download it a further 5 times

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ finland
fun facts: n9, meego 1.2, pr1.3 , billboard version 1.0.6

downloaded twice already, since there seem to be a max dl-nr#
i dont want to do it again unnecessarily.
(resintall was a troubleshooting suggestion)

symptom: operator logo window too small, text is cut on the right side. (supposed to be fixed, according to thp.io website)

"Make sure that the section called LockScreen MImageWidgetStyle#LockScreenLowPowerModeOperatorLo go does NOT have a maximum-size set (i.e. comment it out or remove any maximum-size definitions there)"

I do have checked the css for this.. did not find maximum-size under that location.

I do have meecast installed, but i disabled/re-enabled its stdbyscreen logo.. doesnt improve or worsen the situation.

(ps: my mails to support address are rejected 554, no reason given)

Last edited by zoolkhan; 2012-11-10 at 19:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to zoolkhan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by zoolkhan View Post
symptom: operator logo window too small, text is cut on the right side. (supposed to be fixed, according to thp.io website)
I assume you are talking about the Billboard text and not about the "other operator logo" that gets drawn below Billboard if that option is chosen (the "other operator logo" is indeed limited in size by Billboard to avoid screen burn-in).

If it doesn't work for you even after reinstalling the app and making sure the .css file has been properly updated (and fully restarting the device without any charger connected, then waiting a few minutes for Billboard to start up from a cold start), you might need to re-flash your firmware from scratch. Some applications (especially the tweaking applications, which already state that you have to be careful when using them in the description) might mess up the configuration in a way that isn't handled by the Billboard installation routine.

Installing Billboard on a freshly-flashed device always worked so far, so that's the only known-good solution that I can provide here. If you happen to choose to go that route, please note which other applications you also install, so that in case Billboard breaks again in the future, we know which other app is causing the problem.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ finland
Originally Posted by thp View Post
I assume you are talking about the Billboard text and not about the
correct

If it doesn't work for you even after reinstalling the app and making sure the .css file has been properly updated (and fully restarting the device without any charger connected, then waiting a few minutes for Billboard to start up from a cold start),
done, to the best of my abilities at least.

you might need to re-flash your firmware from scratch.
no option. This phone is more than an experimental playground.
(Fuer einen reflash ist der "leidensdruck" nicht hoch genug)
I use it for business and dont feel like casually "reflashing it" w/o
a technical explanation as of why that would be required.

Some applications (especially the tweaking applications, which already state that you have to be careful when using them in the description) might mess up the configuration in a way that isn't handled by the Billboard installation routine.
I dont run tweaking applications, especially not those that would require me to do tings that remove the security code i use exchange and cannot go down that route. So - no, havent
done any special tweaking as far i know. You presume
a lot .-)

Installing Billboard on a freshly-flashed device always worked so far, so that's the only known-good solution that I can provide here. If you happen to choose to go that route
cant go down that route, i have very little time to re-setup my phone and reinstall (and repurchase) apps that inevitably always
get lost during reflash/re-setups no matter how many backups you do...... maybe in a few months.

Too bad you have no hunch where to go and troubleshoot..
.. VI editing files, that i could do, reflash? no. sorry heute nicht.

thanks for your reply anyways. to stay on the fair side, i leave no
feedback on ovi. I think this app is excellent, and i am just an unfortunate exception.

cheers

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
use N9QTweak Tweak F-2. Enter the default values it gives you for anything except the OPLogo dimensions. Enter 45 (mm) as the new values. Billboard will be shown in the correct dimension.

The Following User Says Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
I dont run tweaking applications, especially not those that would require me to do tings that remove the security code i use exchange and cannot go down that route. So - no, havent done any special tweaking as far i know. You presume a lot .-)
It just so happens that a lot of issues like the one you described were caused by tweaking apps, and in almost all cases were solved by reflashing, so that's what I meant by "known good solution".

Too bad you have no hunch where to go and troubleshoot..
.. VI editing files, that i could do, reflash? no. sorry heute nicht.
This is the change that Billboard does to the file /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css: http://thp.io/2012/billboard/libsysu...nokia.css.diff (if you can use vi, I assume you can read unified diffs).

Instead of a reboot to apply the changes, you can also do the following:

Code:
/sbin/stop xsession/sysuid && /sbin/start xsession/sysuid
Please tell me if this solves your problem or if it still causes the issue (if so, please include a screenshot/photo of how it looks on your device, just to be sure that we are talking about the same issue here).

Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
Every time I reboot my N9, Billboard info disappears from the low power screen, leaving me with just the icon for MeeCast and the clock. Opening the Billboard app shows just MeeCast in the preview, although I have lots of stuff in the content box. Disabling MeeCast and playing with the content field in Billboard and then enabling MeeCast again, puts all the stuff back into my low power screen. Any idea why this is happening? Might be relevant that I have edited a few lines in the /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css file, mainly, to change the low power screen clock color to cyan, and font to bold 11 mm..

Similar thing happens to me as well. I found a way to get all the info on the screen including the meecast data. I haven't altered the original clock in any way though. Except about twice a day the meecast icon disappears from the screen at random. If I go into the settings of Meecast and re-apply the icon then update the program, it shows back up and will stay for some time. This is how I have mine configured. Any ideas?