Active Topics

before i flashed to the new firmware, i had gmail setup through nokia messaging service. now when i try to setup the account i don't see nokia messaging service under the list of service providers. is anyone else having this issue?

I'm having the same issue, but nobody seems to know the solution.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Palo Alto, CA
Originally Posted by blue13x View Post
I'm having the same issue, but nobody seems to know the solution.
Go to email.nokia.com, login in with your user account. Click on the Install Now button, and send the setting to your phone. Once you do that, Nokia Messaging will be visible when you try to configure any email account.

strange, i had it setup too and settings remained after update. did you encounter problems updating? btw even if you have nokia messaging setup it should still show up in list.

Last edited by niqbal; 2010-01-22 at 06:08.

Originally Posted by jolo View Post
Go to email.nokia.com, login in with your user account. Click on the Install Now button, and send the setting to your phone. Once you do that, Nokia Messaging will be visible when you try to configure any email account.
are you sure? because I tried that and it says device not supported. BTW i dont have this issue (lucky me) my nokia messaging is still working after update.

Guys set the country as UK. the service will be listed.. I could set it up that way..

well i have the same issue, Nokia Messaging just doesnt show up in the service providers list. Tried everything....from changing sim to setting different countries. No LUCK !

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
try on wifi?

Originally Posted by springah View Post
try on wifi?
yup tried on wi-fi as well..but nokia messaging just doesnt appear in service providers list. wonder why they have added such stupid check..i use messaging with ease on 5230 and 97 mini.

Dont know wht its not detecting on n900