Active Topics

N900 stuck in reboot loop, and can't get it to switch on. It gets as far as the white NOKIA screen,goes dark for a few seconds, then goes back to the NOKIA screen. Repeat. I updated FW to PR1.2 on the day it came out(Mon?) and it's been fine since. 1.2 even seemed to solve the memory problems I was having before!

I haven't installed anything outside of the 'safe' repos.

Anyone know how to get it going again?

Cheers.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
I got stuck in a reboot loop the moment I updated to 1.2 and turned the N900 off. I just flashed the N900 with the flasher tool, with 1.2, and everything's fine since.

PS : got stuck in a reboot loop because I updated to 1.2 in a pretty dirty way. I'm to blame here, but the flasher is a very clean way to upgrade.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
Yes I agree I did the same. However I flashed from the first FW alll the way to the latest and it works just as sweet as when i first got it. I do hope you backed your phone?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Format your eMMC and reinstall OS again. That should unlooping it.

Format eMMC= flash?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by georgefjones View Post
Format eMMC= flash?
correct. reflash eMMC and reflash OS

reflash eMMC with RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

Then

and reflash OS with RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.002_PR_COMBINED_xxx_ARM.bin

Good luck.

Ignore the instruction on the wiki with regard to flash FIASCO first then eMMC later. Which ever way didn't really matter to me. But my way is to test if the eMMC is the cause of Reboot Loop. If the phone boot fine after eMMC flash then ignore flashing OS.

WARNING: reflash eMMC will erase everything from your phone. Do remember to back up before proceed.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-05-27 at 22:15.

Mine was doing the same thing after tht OTA and I could not get it to flash or anything.
I had to take the battery out connect the USB cable hold the u key down while I slid the battery in. Then it came up with the usb connector in the top corner and I was able to flash the firmware.
After that no issue I did not have to flash the eMMC only the firm ware so I did not lose anything.