windows xp 32-bit sp3 this it is

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was able to flash from an old xp box that i had. my question is this... when i rebooted the phone it started up as though it were new. but i noted that all my calendar entries were still there and my contacts were still there too.

all the apps and themes and whatnot were back to factory settings though. so what am i doing wrong? did this device flash correctly?

it seems like it did but i was under the impression that the entire phone was supposed to be wiped clean as though it were new. am i missing something here?

thanks

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Devon, UK
Originally Posted by ddiscodave View Post
it seems like it did but i was under the impression that the entire phone was supposed to be wiped clean as though it were new. am i missing something here?
I seem to remember the same when I flashed to PR1.2. If you do actually want to wipe the device, go to the menu in the Settings app and choose 'Clear device'.

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by sutaburosu View Post
I seem to remember the same when I flashed to PR1.2. If you do actually want to wipe the device, go to the menu in the Settings app and choose 'Clear device'.
thanks for the reply.... so i guess i did it right? i was just curious if i actually flashed the phone because that stuff is still in there but i guess by what ur saying is that it's done...

do you know if the clear device command in settings clears the home directory?

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Devon, UK
Sorry, I'm really not sure. I've never tried it.
At the confirmation screen it says "Clear all user data except installed programs?" which, to my mind, implies that it will.