Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
Originally Posted by woodyear99 View Post
I do not use the stylus nor my finger nails so the invisible shield suits me fine. I've been using the zagg on my old ipod touch with no issues, resistive screen on the n900 not too bad either
I'm using invisibleshield on my n900 and I have not experienced such issues. The stylus and my fingers work perfectly, but I have to insert slightly more pressure maybe which will be true for almost any screen protector. I have not lost any precision though, and can still use hand drawing applications with ease.

I'm about ready to order one of these Vikuiti™ DQC-160 from protectionfilm24, but it seem to show a price with VAT included. Shouldn't it be VAT free if I'm importing to the US?

I'm hoping this will be better then the "military" films that required soap & water to apply. I tried one from Phantomskinz & it's a pain to apply. Perhaps because I didn't follow the instruction to the letter & buy a bottle of Johnsons baby wash just to apply this thing. Trying to get it off feels like I'm gonna pull the screen off too.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
Originally Posted by youth View Post
I'm about ready to order one of these Vikuiti™ DQC-160 from protectionfilm24, but it seem to show a price with VAT included. Shouldn't it be VAT free if I'm importing to the US?

I'm hoping this will be better then the "military" films that required soap & water to apply. I tried one from Phantomskinz & it's a pain to apply. Perhaps because I didn't follow the instruction to the letter & buy a bottle of Johnsons baby wash just to apply this thing. Trying to get it off feels like I'm gonna pull the screen off too.
you'll have to pick it via their amazon.co.uk store to get it shipped to the states

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
I don't know if this was posted before, but PDair recently released their pouches for the N900.

They also uploaded videos on youtube.
Just letting you know.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sarpsborg, Norway
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Ax-Alex just emailed me to say their N900 case is now available

http://www.ax-alex.de/shop/axalex-le...900-p-650.html

http://www.ax-alex.de/shop/axalex-os...900-p-649.html
With built-in screen-cleaner...
Hmm, quite pricy... Is it worth it?

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ South-West UK
Originally Posted by Lacedaemon View Post
I don't know if this was posted before, but PDair recently released their pouches for the N900.

They also uploaded videos on youtube.
Just letting you know.
Ooh, I like the vertical one without the belt clip. Any idea if it's available in the UK and prices if so?

This is in the post to me as a quick and cheap solution just to get some instant protection while I find something decent...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
Ok I just received the qubit as well.

The bottom piece is very stable, but the top piece sometimes comes off while opening closing the keyboard. It just does not feel stable. Anyone else with the qubit can comment on the top piece stability and fit?

Well I got my sleeve from sfbags.com and it's exactly what I was looking for. I have my phone in my pants pocket so it needs no drop protection or anything else. All it needs is protection from all the rubbing inside the pocket. This sleeve does that perfectly. The outside pocket is also handy if you want to throw some cash in it...credit card...or maybe a USB cable or something.

In terms of screen protectors, I've tried the ZAGG one and it's pure garbage. It makes the screen impossible to use because it is sticky as hell and it also makes the screen slightly blurry/introduces artifacts. Because it's so damn sticky it collects dust like crazy. I could only put up with it for 1 day after which I took it off and thew it out. I will stay without a screen protector and if the scratches get bad, I'll simply replace it with new parts.
Attached Images

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ South-West UK
^^ Nice! I like that, any idea if I can get one in the UK without crazy costs? Does the top drawstring close or keep the phone in the pouch in any way?

I'm very tempted by this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AX-ALEX-OSTRIC...item2a034c969b

Hahah......OR NOT!

Originally Posted by rhys_himself View Post
^^ Nice! I like that, any idea if I can get one in the UK without crazy costs? Does the top drawstring close or keep the phone in the pouch in any way?

I'm very tempted by this one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AX-ALEX-OSTRIC...item2a034c969b

Hahah......OR NOT!
The top doesn't close but the phone doesn't fall out. I would say it's just right without making the phone too difficult to take out.

The thing weighs next to nothing so I don't see why shipping would be a huge issue.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector