Closed Thread
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Oh, that's a bummer. So switching regions won't help at all eh?
Changing the regional settings won't help, no. You can reflash with the global or US firmware though, which is slightly newer. There's nothing major in the missing update though, so I'm just holding on for the PR1.2 update.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Changing the regional settings won't help, no. You can reflash with the global or US firmware though, which is slightly newer. There's nothing major in the missing update though, so I'm just holding on for the PR1.2 update.
Thanks for the help! Hope PR1.2 will be a simultaneous release for all regions.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Still says I dont got enough free memory in the targetlocation.
As I asume he means rootfs, I dont get it. Rootfs is 30Mb right now, while it only requires like 16,5Mb

(edit: sorry for being too lazy to carefully check all prev. posts if that'd provide me with an answer, i did check something but couldnt find)

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Thiis View Post
Still says I dont got enough free memory in the targetlocation.
As I asume he means rootfs, I dont get it. Rootfs is 30Mb right now, while it only requires like 16,5Mb

(edit: sorry for being too lazy to carefully check all prev. posts if that'd provide me with an answer, i did check something but couldnt find)
I had the same problem when I had 30mb free so I it needs more space I don't know why. Luckily, I had PR 1.1 global version downloaded in my computer so I reflashed with it and then updated the new one.
*********** End of Line **************

Honestly, popping up of this thread has painfully disappointed me 4 times now as the excitement rocketed and heartbit increased when reading the "New N900 firmware.." until the next word..
Not complaining, just sharing the damge it's doing to me

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Off-topic: Please change the name of this thread. Everytime I come to read the forum, my hearth stops thinking that the new firmware is out (1.2)...

hahaha me too!!!!! well I guess we are all antsy because the new update is due any day now!!

Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
hahaha me too!!!!! well I guess we are all antsy because the new update is due any day now!!
What 1.2? Really? Didn't realise it was that close!

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Well the mid-februari updat ebricked my N900. Most likely due to the NSU. I reflashed with the newest firmware (with the februari update included - v3.2010.02.8) available using flasher and that all went well, except.. I cant access the ovi-store. It asks me to update.
Obviously there is someting in one of the earlier two updates that is missing in this one.
Anyone who had this as wel? And did you manage to fix it, and if so, how?

Am I right in thinking the latest firmware update STILL hasn't been released in the UK? Are any other countries still waiting for it?

What is really hacking me off is that new apps released, and old apps being updated, will be accounting for the new version of the firmware. At some point something will brick those N900s behind the curve.

Can anyone explain the policy on firmware releases? I tried emailing Nokia but they simply never respond (I know, Nokia are not Maemo, but just thought they might take some responsibility for customer service).

Ben

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
There's no UK variant firmware yet. Take my advice and reflash to the Global firmware, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches in the long run.
Nokia don't seem to have any policy regarding UK variant firmware, forgetting to release Maemo updates for UK firmware isn't the first time theyve done it, firmware releases for the majority of their phones over the past few years are either delayed or never show up atall for UK devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update