Notices

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Italy
Ok... no, it's that it seemed a bit - cough cough - expensive.
So, the phone is included or not?

Heh.. no worries. =) Yes, the N900 phone is included.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i saw half of ports of apps and patches for wireless developed/ported here(TMO), so why would someone make profit on other's work? =\

Customer's who choose to purchase the paid version are not paying for the open-source software; they're paying for the included tech support, the customized portions of the build, and the service of delivering a polished, ready-to-go, QA-tested hardware/software combination. That's why the paid version is meant for the enterprise, and the free version is meant for the individual/hobbyist.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Poland
hahaha 960$ ?
you can install kismet, metasploit, aircrack and other apps by yourself ;p
for wep cracking search for "wepon" app. sslstrip can be found on google ;p
960$ hahaha
This software is for the lazy users!

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by knypek3 View Post
hahaha 960$ ?
you can install kismet, metasploit, aircrack and other apps by yourself ;p
for wep cracking search for "wepon" app. sslstrip can be found on google ;p
This is true, but it seems you didn't read this whole thread.

Originally Posted by knypek3 View Post
960$ hahaha
This software is for the lazy users!
I guess you don't make IT purchasing decisions for a corporation either.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
As much as technical expertise is appreciated, there is a balance that should be embaced. It's not so much our jobs to invest our time in trying to build a commercial technolgy that already exists as much as it is to evaluate and select the most approriate solution that maps back to business requirements. This will enable us to invest our time in focussing on what the business does best and hopefully affecting the bottom line northwardly.

The Following User Says Thank You to mark@pwnieexpress.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
People really need to chill. Countless businesses make money off of Open Source software. Nokia packaged linux + headache-inducing-binary-blobs + decently-good (at the time) hardware to make the N900. Are you *****ing about them making money off other people's FOSS? No.

There's nothing wrong with this. Yes people can install basically all of the stuff in the PwnieExpress on their N900s already. But just like Ubuntu's maker makes money from selling support, and could legally make money from re-selling hardware that they prepackage with Ubuntu + a bunch of goodies, it makes perfect sense for someone to provide N900s prepackaged with FOSS pentesting tools, if the entire thing comes neatly packaged with a guarantee of support, then it WILL be worth it to some people out there.

Now, I personally don't know what pentesting professionals would find the extra cost worth it, but when it comes to businesses and "enterprise" endeavors, decisions that aren't the most cost-beneficial tend to happen a lot and I'm sure some of the rationalizations for them are accurate.

At any rate, you can think that it makes no practical sense for someone to buy the non-free version of Pwnie Express, and voice that if you really want, but if you think it's fundamentally wrong for them to make money of a product that bundles FOSS, then I don't think you have a leg to stand on. Now if there's GPL violations going on that's another matter, but I haven't seen anyone bring that up...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
If you are a company and you put an employee to search for what is working, select, install and test if all is ticking well together then it will cost you way more.

I haven't check the offer but the price for a device+solution+support looks very reasonable.
In addition, I find it very nice of them to offer a free version for the non-professionals.

Just saying..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by AP4CH3 View Post
Hello folks,

If you already have N900 with you, then all you need to do is to download this image from the following link:

https://github.com/downloads/pwnieex....6.2011.tar.gz

extract the tar file:

you will see a folder named as "pwnimage"

1. Open that folder, there will be an instruction file on "How to install Pwnie Express".

2. It's pretty simple and easy to follow guide and you will be good to go.

P.s I haven't tried it out myself yet, though I will definitely install it on my N900 in a day or two and will let you know.

--
Cheers,
Ap4ch3
One question, this image works with the latest kernel (kp-49) and ccsu? And about how much space takes root, there is some conflict with backupmenu, cleven, faircrack apps and other applications more.
Someone has already tested the image.
I am very interested in trying it on my n900
Another question I have on my microsd easy debian image, there is no inconvenience in having the 2 images to run the program.

Thanks for the reply

Last edited by D@vIcHoJD; 2012-02-02 at 23:46.

Tags
pwnie express