Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
All sounds good. Testing includes:

- does it start - looks like this is OK

- map scrolling - that's trickier as Pure Maps caches, but it is usually not a problem. We can assume that its OK now

- route calculation - sounds like that is fine too

- search - probably OK, but not sure whether @pichlo searched for end-point.

For piece in mind, if someone can check whether search works in Pure Maps offline (or modRana offline) that would be great

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
- map scrolling - that's trickier as Pure Maps caches, but it is usually not a problem. We can assume that its OK now
I made sure I zoomed in a place that I've never been before (or at least in the last n years). Pure Maps does get significantly slower when it's pulling from osm scout server so you can tell when it's cache and when it's offline maps.
- route calculation - sounds like that is fine too
OK - I gave this a go (with currentposition=accurate GPS location). You can walk from London to the peak district in just under 52 hours!
- search - probably OK, but not sure whether @pichlo searched for end-point.
Just tried an offline search of the "lake district" (since summer is here and why not try a place in the UK where it always rains) - but I got no results back, and an error in osm scout server: Valhalla: (stat): tiles.tar no such file or directory. This could be, however, a problem with my filesystem. I'll check it and report back.
A more conservative UK post code search works ok.
EDIT: search for "lake district" works without me doing anything, so it's probably an issue with the fact that the maps are in an SD card, which is also encrypted. Maybe something times out in the stack. This is working as usual in general.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I made sure I zoomed in a place that I've never been before (or at least in the last n years). Pure Maps does get significantly slower when it's pulling from osm scout server so you can tell when it's cache and when it's offline maps.

OK - I gave this a go (with currentposition=accurate GPS location). You can walk from London to the peak district in just under 52 hours!

Just tried an offline search of the "lake district" (since summer is here and why not try a place in the UK where it always rains) - but I got no results back, and an error in osm scout server: Valhalla: (stat): tiles.tar no such file or directory. This could be, however, a problem with my filesystem. I'll check it and report back.
A more conservative UK post code search works ok.
EDIT: search for "lake district" works without me doing anything, so it's probably an issue with the fact that the maps are in an SD card, which is also encrypted. Maybe something times out in the stack. This is working as usual in general.
Thanks, I think we are good then.

As for search getting stuck in UK, that's unfortunate and known issue

https://github.com/rinigus/geocoder-nlp/issues/57

Already opened more than a year ago - when Theresa was still trying to get her deal through...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@rinigus
Will you check with this version that it does not want to install on SFOS <3.3?
I did not yet (and maybe wont) update...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
For piece in mind, if someone can check whether search works in Pure Maps offline (or modRana offline) that would be great
I always use maps offline. As they were meant to be used.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@rinigus
Will you check with this version that it does not want to install on SFOS <3.3?
I did not yet (and maybe wont) update...
For older SFOS versions we have bunch of repositories as listed on the right of https://build.merproject.org/project...e:rinigus:maps . Just checked and the corresponding server version worked for SFOS 3.2

However, note that it is an effort to keep all the old SFOS versions and I may drop it soon. Reason is simple, right now we can stat using up-to-date gcc compiler and I don't have to do all these extra steps to compile recent code with the compiler installed in /opt/gcc. So, having new gcc is major improvement in SFOS 3.3 and you may get it more difficult to get updated software without it.

There is also an option for interested users to take over maintenance of these older versions. I am keeping opt-gcc available for older SFOS at its repository and, as it is, it would mainly require reverting one commit from today. But let's see if there is an interest at all ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
1.16.1 includes SFOS compatibility with 3.3.0.x and updated translations.

Edited to state the correct version - mixed up with the earlier one. atlochowski , thanks for correcting it

Last edited by rinigus; 2020-05-07 at 18:28.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
1.16.1 includes SFOS compatibility with 3.3.0.20 and updated translations.
I thought that the latest version is 3.3.0.16

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
I thought that the latest version is 3.3.0.16
Thanks, corrected.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
New maps are out and uploaded. Enjoy.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles