Notices

Some news, not that good but anyway news . I managed to compile and start execution of wesnoth on N900. Thanks to the great help Glen has given, after compilation all the campaings can be installed as a separate .deb as for Diablo. Unfortunately I've not yet managed to get rid of the segfault during the parsing of the font.conf file. After a chat with Glen it appears this is due to the missing dejavu font on Fremantle.. I'll now attempt to give it a shot and see if it works.

P.S. I've uploaded the debian folder to the official maemo Wesnoth project, but no debian packages so far.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gibrovacco For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Thanks for the hard job again!

There were two implementations on Diablo. One you installed, and one you ran from an image file. I believe the image file approach ran with less issues so you may want to look into that (track down the guy who did it, etc..)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
The image file is done by Pipeline. But it required ext2run, I din't know how to launch on N900. It worked well on N810.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with this segfault, occurring in the standard c++ library.. I'm starting to guess we've some ABI issues between scratchbox and the N900.

Just got myself a n900 today! If this could run on it, my bliss would be complete!

segfault? If I'm not mistaken, isn't that a syntax error? seems like it's a simple problem you have...anyways appreciate your work and I hope you get through....cheers

Actually it's a little more complex, btw thanks for the hint. I just realized I've a really outdated scratchbox and this may be the cause for the ABI breach.. basically after upgrading ubuntu the entry for scratchbox/maemo SDK repos has been removed from sources.list.. Let's try and see what happens after a full upgrade

You can already run wesnoth in easy debian. However, the wesnoth windows is to large and cant be resized. Getting to the menubuttons is quite hard and makes it unplayable.

well, i did port it today gibrovaco and it work perfectly with music and all. its my first work on maemo (received my n900 today!) so i would need help to show it in the application menu and make the deb package if possible

Tags
n900, wesnoth