Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
Nope, but still quite useless in a phone.
https://www.androidauthority.com/lg-...lained-713587/

So there's DAC processes multiplied, which results as a fancy marketing name of Quad DAC. I don't know, if this technology have been used in high end audio systems, but at least in phones it is useless for two reasons:
1. Speakers embedded to phones are bad. If you listen your music through them, you cant't hear the difference whether there's simple DAC or "Quad".
2. In theory, you could hear the difference using high quality headphones. Assuming those would be wired headphones, you should also have a very good headphone amplifier, which is quite difficult to embed to a smartphone, too.
Yes it can detect the quality of headphones you plug in and use one ore more of the DACs depending...
But even with a cheap set of IEMs, I can tell a difference. Maybe placebo effect, but idk... I'm just a casual listener
Some people do buy these phones for that capability alone. I would rather have it than not

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Short announcement while it is fresh.
There will be an F(x)tec presentation on tuesday 23rd of July in Meerbusch near Düsseldorf, co/venue hosted by yours truly.
Date is fixed and ready to get saved.
More when chen/fx announce officially.
Might be quite good to reach for belgian, dutch and most german folks.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-07-01 at 15:17.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Short announcement while it is fresh.
There will be an F(x)tec presentation on tuesday 23rd of July in Meerbusch near Düsseldorf, co/venue hosted by yours truly.
Date is fixed and ready to get saved.
More when chen/fx announce officially.
Might be quite good to reach for belgian, dutch and most german folks.
Oh **** and i'm going for my driver's license next week, let's hope i'll pass!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
So close and yet so far away. Going to Düsseldorf from Munich costs at least 50€ via public transport and many hours. A bit to much for me. Still I am curious about the reviews of people in the forum!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Macros View Post
So close and yet so far away. Going to Düsseldorf from Munich costs at least 50€ via public transport and many hours. A bit to much for me. Still I am curious about the reviews of people in the forum!
So far and yet so far and expensive and time-consuming for a 1-stop trip that would instead buy TWO F(x)tec Pros!

Also looking forward to any reviews lucky attendees wish to post. Videos, perhaps even?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
An update from a few minutes ago (by mail):

Hello,

We wanted to update you on the progress of your Pro1.

You may have heard that there is a slight delay to the shipment of your device. At F(x)tec, we're committed to delivering the Pro1 but due to circumstances beyond our control, we've pushed back the shipments by a few weeks.

It's taken a little bit longer to get the Pro1 finished than we would've liked; but don't worry our team of dedicated F(x) heroes are working hard to deliver the best landscape keyboard experience just for you.

F(x)tec Community Events

Following our successful community event in London in June and from feedback we've received, you'll be excited to know that we're planning more hands-on events across the summer in Dusseldorf, New York and Tokyo.

Keep an eye on our social channels, forum and your email for dates, times and how to sign up.

Beta Testers

Want to get involved in the final testing of the Pro1? We're now recruiting for a group of beta testers to help complete final 'real world' testing and are offering this exclusively to our pre-order customers. If you would like to get involved, please email info@fxtec.com by Friday 5th July with 'Beta Test' in the subject for an application form.

Payment and shipment

Once we have the confirmed shipping date, we will be requesting payment for the Pro1 you have pre-ordered. We anticipate that payment will be requested at the end of July, ahead of an expected shipment date in early September.

Updates

As we get closer to shipping your Pro1, expect more updates with 'behind the scenes' and more sneak peaks as the momentum builds ahead of launch.

Don't forget to follow us on social via Twitter (@thefxtec), Instagram (@fxtec), Facebook (fxtec) for the latest updates and we'll of course keep you updated via email on the progress of your Pro1.

We're extremely grateful that you've chosen F(x)tec as your future smartphone brand. We're proud to be bringing you a keyboard smartphone we know you'll love using.

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
I would call early September a month late rather than a "few" weeks but that's just me.

Also not sure about the specifics of the beta test, how would that work, would you pay early, would you have to return it and get a final device later, do you just get the beta device.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
"please email info@fxtec.com by Friday 5th July with 'Beta Test' in the subject for an application form." <- if "they" choose You, maybe also get more information about testing and final information of life and more?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Gave myself up for the beta teser program, let's hope i'm selected!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Videos, perhaps even?
I need to check how to reliably stream from the raspi that surveils my shop to a broadcaster kind of thingy.
Currently it only streams to one client when that one connects, also the Ir-Camera might let us look sick-greenish, will order the regular one
But yes, Video is definitely planned.
Maybe i will just let it roll, pointed at a fixed location and anyone who wants to comment into the camera can do anytime while chen is not doing his planned presentation.
Maybe we will even have a famous vodcast capacity attending and helping out, lets see

Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Oh **** and i'm going for my driver's license next week, let's hope i'll pass!
All the best wishes! Just keep calm and do not overtake on the right like a certain guy i see in the mirror every morning did in his first try

Originally Posted by Macros View Post
So close and yet so far away.
Yeah, sorry.
Incentive to get the Stream up noted.

Last edited by mosen; 2019-07-02 at 22:57.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit