Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I'm barely here anymore and my name still pops up? I'm impressed. Personally, I'm with earlier suggestion--for the price NOWAWAYS, you're better off getting a real tablet--but I still think the Nook Color makes a surprisingly good tablet even for $200, compared to the knock-off Chinese crap. Still, you would be MUUUUUUCH better off even with the Samsung Android media player thingie (not a phone, just a overly-large-cell-phone or micro-tablet sized device they recently released. I've seen them at the Best Buy and was tempted to replace my mom's Nook Color with one of those for $250... at least that comes with a pretty big screen (although it's not 7-inch tablet) and a camera and sensors and all and only does wifi.
for $250 i got an asus transformer honeycomb tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
I got honeycomb running on the HTC Flyer. I am really liking the the experience so far. Plus the pen is much more versatile. If you want a link to the ROM download go here. I mean man the device is really snappy now. I can even use handwriting recognition and a full blown art app. Now I don't need a Windows Tab or PDA anymore.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1358758

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
for $250 i got an asus transformer honeycomb tablet.
B@stard. I tried to get that deal but they sold out. heheh Still, for $250 I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Player (YP-G70) for my mom to replace her Nook Color (also picked up a nice loud Bluetooth speaker set for her to use with it, since she complained about the Nook's muted speaker. Although I guess they normally came with Android 2.2, hers came with 2.3.5. Pretty cool!

I'm still holding out to pick up one of those Asus Transformer Prime tablets, myself, and a Galaxy Nexus phone to replace my aging Droid.

By the by, anybody want to buy a use and already rooted Nook Color with CyanogenMod? Won't be needing that anymore.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

No-one really wants the Nook Color anymore.
The Nook Tablet is better and at the same price. Don't worry same thing happened to my Galaxy S - damn you Samsung for not selling me an EPIC with GSM module!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
No-one really wants the Nook Color anymore.
The Nook Tablet is better and at the same price. Don't worry same thing happened to my Galaxy S - damn you Samsung for not selling me an EPIC with GSM module!
...I seem to recall that the Nook Tablet's boot loader is LOCKED* .... so better depends on what you're doing with it...

& B&N eBay had the NC for $120

*may have been bypassed since I read it last week

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

http://code.google.com/p/android-quill/
Here is a very cool note taking app for Android, it allows you to write handwritten notes. The best thing about this apps is that is support n-trig digitizers. This app will work with any tablet that is running honeycomb or has an active digitizer, I can confirm from testing the app on the HTC Flyer with Honeycomb that pressure sensitivity and palm rejection does work, you can use this app with regular Android tab it just won't distinguish pen and finger touch.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
https://market.android.com/details?i...imed_promotion

Epic prices
already bought most of them !

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney

Epic prices
Got 4 of them this morning, AU$ 0.40 well spent

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA

Epic prices
It's $0.10 apps for 10 days to celebrate Android's 10billionth download from its market! I wonder how long it'll be until Nokia gets to do the same.. on ANY of its app stores or even on Microsoft's? Sorry--couldn't help it. Still a little bitter that Nokia REALLY f***ed this up.

Happy for Android just the same since it's at least impressed me by continuously improving.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy