Hi,
I just purchased a nokia n810 to accompany me on my trip to europe. I have a macbook computer and was wondering if there was a way to transfer my music from the computer to my tablet.
thanks!

Yeah you can do that... Hi and welcome Abi!

I've got a mac too.

SIMPLEST way: Simply plug in the provided usb cable into the mac and the n810 (you have to swing the stand open to access the usb port on the n810)

that will AUTOMATICALLY bring up a volume on the mac desktop (OSX) just like any USB stick would...simply copy over your files, preferrably into an aptly named folder...

If you don't already, I'd recommed you be sure to get a 8GB mini SD (or micro with mini-adapter = what many of us have as mini SD is so hard to come by in 8GB)..

Otherwise, you'll just have the 2GB internal memory card.

An alternative way to transfer files, (if you HAVE a replaceable mini SD card) is to get a SD card USB stick adapter, and depending on whether you got a microSD or mini SD, a micro-to-fullsize SD adapter card or mini-to-fullsize SD card.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
If you are a programmer and don't mind getting your hands dirty.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=27503

There was a freeware app to do something similar, but I can't find it right now and it's very slow forcing you to convert all of your music to mp3 even if it's DRM free aac.

ok,
so i got my music onto my 16gb card and it is recognized (and plays) in the media player. however, when i go into canola and select the folder that the music is in it says "no files found". my files are aac format. any suggestions? i really want to be able to use canola for my media.

Try this. Go to Settings, Media library, Media folders, Audio folders.

Make sure there is a checkmark in the box beside your card.

its checked but it still won't recognize the files

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Abi View Post
its checked but it still won't recognize the files
You may want to post about this problem in the Canola forum. The Canola developers are unlikely to find this thread.

This won't help you: I experienced what appears to be the same problem with iTunes-created AAC files when I tried out an older version of Canola. The files played fine in Media player, but Canola didn't even detect their existence. I sent one or two sample files to Handful to test, but I haven't followed Canola's development since, so I don't know if the issue has been listed as fixed.