Active Topics

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cornwall
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I saw a lot of n900s in Barcelona, but have only ever seen My Mo in Cornwall. Thogh I have good reason to believe there's another one here somewhere.

*Waves at MontyBravo*

I've had once since early Dec. A friend of mine got one on Voda upgrade. Both Redruth

Anybody from CH?

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
well, i have only seen one other in norwich. was a guy at my uni, UEA. didnt get a chance to have a chat with the dude about how awesome the device is tho.

I think its kind of a good thing that there arent too many about tho really cos i get the feeling the technology driving the device would be lost on a fair few people. a bit like giving a 5 year old an alienware laptop.

Originally Posted by tpaixao View Post
I know I'm not the only N900 owner in Texas (Hey Texrat and maemo-freak-guy-whose nick-I-can't-recall-right-now) but am I the only one in Houston?
Because it certainly feels that way. and I am freaking tired of explaining the difference between this and an iPhone to the unwashed masses...
No, you are not alone in Houston. I actually love going into Apple stores and T-Mobile stores and evangelizing to the unwashed masses. I have even once purposely walked through Memorial City just to taunt the cell phone kiosk drones. Shamefully though I don't think I have converted any one...but I admit, this device is not for everyone.

Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
Spotted one yesterday in my home city of Aberdeen, had mine since November and it's taken till February to see another lol.

I bought one as i've been watching from the shadows for some time, and within a day (after realizing she could play mafia wars, which is a facebook game, on the browser in all its full glory lol) my wife had to go out and get one. She loves it to bits and has dumped her iphone like a hot potato

The Following User Says Thank You to clivectmob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, England
About a month ago I saw a user in Subway (Greenwich, UK)... The guy hadn't even taken a bite from his sandwich as his hands and eyes were glued to the N900. I must have been stood outside the shopfront for a good 10 seconds amazed, thinking, is this how people feel when they look upon my sleek black and majestic tablet?

Haven't seen another since then.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
I had the chance to play with a pre-production unit a few months ago in the U.S.

Here in Mexico, I have only seen and played with one N900, owned by a friend (who may be reading this post as well).

Nevertheless, I also know there are some other N900 users in Mexico City, even tough the device is NOT sold here and probably will not be sold here in the near future (because of the 3G frequencies issue, same as AT&T).

Of course, there is a relatively large number of owners of older Internet Tablets (N800 and N810 mostly).

Now that we are here, any Nokia Tablet owners in Mexico out there? if so, send me a priv msg in this board....

Thanks.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by tournstone View Post
No, you are not alone in Houston. I actually love going into Apple stores and T-Mobile stores and evangelizing to the unwashed masses. I have even once purposely walked through Memorial City just to taunt the cell phone kiosk drones. Shamefully though I don't think I have converted any one...but I admit, this device is not for everyone.
I am also in houston around the medical center area. My n900 is always with me during my ride on the metro.... sadly i havent seen any other n900's yet.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico City & UK
Originally Posted by febb View Post
I had the chance to play with a pre-production unit a few months ago in the U.S.

Here in Mexico, I have only seen and played with one N900, owned by a friend (who may be reading this post as well).

Nevertheless, I also know there are some other N900 users in Mexico City, even tough the device is NOT sold here and probably will not be sold here in the near future (because of the 3G frequencies issue, same as AT&T).

Of course, there is a relatively large number of owners of older Internet Tablets (N800 and N810 mostly).

Now that we are here, any Nokia Tablet owners in Mexico out there? if so, send me a priv msg in this board....

Thanks.
Hey Febb, I can let you play with mine.......the N900, of course as long as you invite me a shot of tequila...

I have not seen anyone playing with their N900 while traveling either, and I have been around in several countries.