Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england, u.k.
apon trying to get a wii controller to work with my n900 it tells me i need a specific version of python and every time i click a link to install the relevant python script it says i neeed another version of python, after getting a long list of python scripts i need to install, none of them will install. is there not a very simple set of instructions on how to install wiicontrol or wiimote on a newly unboxed n900. an i dont mean oh yeah heres a link for wiicontrol or such but some help as to how to install everything first before installing wiicontrol/mote. any productive help would be greatly appreciatted and received with open ears. many thanks doc paul

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
There is already a thread for wiicontrol

Here's how you do it from the GUI. Please be aware that wiicontrol comes from Extras-Devel, so the usual disclaimers apply.
  • Install any Python app from the repositories (e.g. gPodder, ...)
  • Download the .deb file from the URL below
  • Open it and install it with the application manager
  • Start the app from the application menu
  • PROFIT!

The download URL: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ol_1.0_all.deb

(You can also select "wiicontrol" directly from the application manager if you temporarily enable Extras-devel (instructions can be found on the Wiki), but make sure to disable it after installing wiicontrol, or you will get lots of problems with unstable apps...)

Last edited by thp; 2010-08-23 at 09:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
The thread "wiicontrol/mote on the n900" with two posts (#131 - #132) has been merged into this thread.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
There is already a thread for wiicontrol

Here's how you do it from the GUI. Please be aware that wiicontrol comes from Extras-Devel, so the usual disclaimers apply.
  • Install any Python app from the repositories (e.g. gPodder, ...)
  • Download the .deb file from the URL below
  • Open it and install it with the application manager
  • Start the app from the application menu
  • PROFIT!

The download URL: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...ol_1.0_all.deb

(You can also select "wiicontrol" directly from the application manager if you temporarily enable Extras-devel (instructions can be found on the Wiki), but make sure to disable it after installing wiicontrol, or you will get lots of problems with unstable apps...)
i have installed gpodder and it is fully working ive checked. when i go to install the downloaded .deb file to my phone it says "unable to install 'wiicontrol' some application packages required for the installation are missing" it says its missing python2.5-runtime. i have tried to install a python 2.5 version and that says i need another file to install that file and so on and so on. ive had 12 pages of different things open that i need to install to get python on my phone but it just doesnt wanna take it. im either screwed or just totally missing an obvious thing i guess. any help would be great and is appreciated already

Originally Posted by konttori View Post
I have been looking into code by JLDiaz and Will Woods for the wiimote and wiicontrol. The wiicontrol was almost end-user ready, so I pimped it a bit and made the first easy to use version of it.

Install first python (canola or ukmp should do the trick)

Install wiicontrol from here:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...ol-1.0_all.deb

Once you run wiicontrol, it asks you to press 1+2 on your wiimote. Do so. A few secs passes and voila. You have a nicely working controller for games / presentation use.

Works brilliantly for Doom, Bomberman, emulators, or even as remote for music playback.

Anyway, this is the first version, so don't be surprised it all doesn't go as planned.
when i install it says missing 'maemo-select-menu-location'. any idea???

Hi there i went out and bought a wii remote just so i could use it with wii control and play mario ect on my n900....I cant seem to get it to intsall, gives me the same error message as doctor paul "maemo select menu location" could anyone please give me a fix or some advice , seeing as i just wasted £35 on a controller
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !!!!!!

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by jami_london View Post
Hi there i went out and bought a wii remote just so i could use it with wii control and play mario ect on my n900....I cant seem to get it to intsall, gives me the same error message as doctor paul "maemo select menu location" could anyone please give me a fix or some advice , seeing as i just wasted £35 on a controller
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !!!!!!
Me too.

Any hint ?

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
As mentioned earlier in this thread, Wiicontrol is not working for me. Instead I use the cwiid-packages mentioned here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=127

You need the packages cwiid-utils, libcwiid and python-cwiid. Then get a config file for wminput. Here is what I am using, nothing special:

Code:
Wiimote.A                = KEY_A
Wiimote.B                = KEY_B
Wiimote.Up               = KEY_LEFT
Wiimote.Down             = KEY_RIGHT
Wiimote.Left             = KEY_DOWN
Wiimote.Right            = KEY_UP
Wiimote.Minus            = KEY_M
Wiimote.Plus             = KEY_P
Wiimote.Home             = KEY_H
Wiimote.1                = KEY_X
Wiimote.2                = KEY_Y

Nunchuk.C                = KEY_C
Nunchuk.Z                = KEY_Z

Plugin.nunchuk_stick2btn.Up     = KEY_UP
Plugin.nunchuk_stick2btn.Down   = KEY_DOWN
Plugin.nunchuk_stick2btn.Left   = KEY_LEFT
Plugin.nunchuk_stick2btn.Right  = KEY_RIGHT
I placed this file in
Code:
 /usr/etc/cwiid/wminput/nunchuk
Then turn on bluetooth and start wminput as
Code:
wminput nunchuck
Press 1+2 on your Wiimote and you should be connected.

In the settings of DrNokSNES you can configure your preferred keyboard mappings, for example I mapped "Start" to "Plus (p)" and "Select" to "Minus (m)" and "Back to launcher" to "Home (h)".

Hint: To check whether wminput is working as expected, connect your Wiimote and open the notes application. Now pressing the keys A,B,C and Z should show up as a,b,c and z in the notes window. 1 and 2 shoud result in x and y and the nunchuk should move the cursor.

The Following User Says Thank You to percy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by percy View Post
As mentioned earlier in this thread, Wiicontrol is not working for me. Instead I use the cwiid-packages mentioned here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=127

You need the packages cwiid-utils, libcwiid and python-cwiid. Then get a config file for wminput. Here is what I am using, nothing special:

Code:
Wiimote.A                = KEY_A
Wiimote.B                = KEY_B
Wiimote.Up               = KEY_LEFT
Wiimote.Down             = KEY_RIGHT
Wiimote.Left             = KEY_DOWN
Wiimote.Right            = KEY_UP
Wiimote.Minus            = KEY_M
Wiimote.Plus             = KEY_P
Wiimote.Home             = KEY_H
Wiimote.1                = KEY_X
Wiimote.2                = KEY_Y

Nunchuk.C                = KEY_C
Nunchuk.Z                = KEY_Z

Plugin.nunchuk_stick2btn.Up     = KEY_UP
Plugin.nunchuk_stick2btn.Down   = KEY_DOWN
Plugin.nunchuk_stick2btn.Left   = KEY_LEFT
Plugin.nunchuk_stick2btn.Right  = KEY_RIGHT
I placed this file in
Code:
 /usr/etc/cwiid/wminput/nunchuk
Then turn on bluetooth and start wminput as
Code:
wminput nunchuck
Press 1+2 on your Wiimote and you should be connected.

In the settings of DrNokSNES you can configure your preferred keyboard mappings, for example I mapped "Start" to "Plus (p)" and "Select" to "Minus (m)" and "Back to launcher" to "Home (h)".

Hint: To check whether wminput is working as expected, connect your Wiimote and open the notes application. Now pressing the keys A,B,C and Z should show up as a,b,c and z in the notes window. 1 and 2 shoud result in x and y and the nunchuk should move the cursor.
it works! but only for the first 5 seconds and then it stops... :s

Any solution for this?

Thanks

EDIT: Ok, i guess it just stopps to work when i move my wiimote, so i thing it is a problem with the movement sensor configurations of wminput...any help?

Last edited by SSLMM; 2010-09-11 at 03:53.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
Ok, i guess it just stopps to work when i move my wiimote, so i thing it is a problem with the movement sensor configurations of wminput...any help?
I doubt it has to do with the sensor configuration as sensors are ignored with the above config. Have you checked the batteries of your Wiimote?

I guess wminput stops working (not any emulator you are using), does it give you any error on the command line?

I would start by checking batteries or trying it with a different Wiimote.