In my area, T-Mobile has launched a PCS (1900MHz) network in addition to their AWS network. I'm curious as to which one I'm actually on. Is there any way to see this information?

I'm not sure. But what area are you from? I'm looking forward to the migration to 1900 so I have more unlocked phone choices.

Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
I'm not sure. But what area are you from? I'm looking forward to the migration to 1900 so I have more unlocked phone choices.
Cincinnati. I read an article that said T-Mobile owned the 1900MHz spectrum in my area.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
In my area, T-Mobile has launched a PCS (1900MHz) network in addition to their AWS network. I'm curious as to which one I'm actually on. Is there any way to see this information?
Page 19 of the user guide for the N9 shows the various network indicators. 2G, 2.5G, 3G and 3.5G are what will show up in the status area, presumably next to the signal strength indicator. I hope this speaks to your question.

Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
Page 19 of the user guide for the N9 shows the various network indicators. 2G, 2.5G, 3G and 3.5G are what will show up in the status area, presumably next to the signal strength indicator. I hope this speaks to your question.
No it doesn't, I want to know if I'm on PCS or AWS.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
No it doesn't, I want to know if I'm on PCS or AWS.
Sorry, was not aware that PCS supported anything over 2.5G.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
Although I am also curious about this since I am also on T-Mobile UASA, 3G on PCS band has been cancelled. T-Mobile is using their PCS band to launch their LTE network. This was spelled out in their quarterly report.

Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
Sorry, was not aware that PCS supported anything over 2.5G.
Eh? I'm fairly certain that ATT uses it for UMTS and HSPA.

Originally Posted by tibere86 View Post
Although I am also curious about this since I am also on T-Mobile UASA, 3G on PCS band has been cancelled. T-Mobile is using their PCS band to launch their LTE network. This was spelled out in their quarterly report.
The theory of the folks over at Howard Forums is that they're putting HSPA on PCS until they're ready to fire up LTE.

Last edited by legoman666; 2012-03-12 at 11:18.

Originally Posted by tibere86 View Post
Actually the quarterly report showed they're putting HSPA+ on PCS 1900 (and leaving some HSPA+ on AWS 2100) and putting LTE on AWS 2100. They're going to want to support 3g on PCS for unlocked iPhones.

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/02/t-mob...company-plans/

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
Thanks for the update and clarification guys.