Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Kristinehamn, Sweden
Dude... I'm freaked out since yesterday I read that shi**y news in MNB that MeeGo's head left Nokia after 1.3 ... I'm unable to think of any other OS around and I want the old Nokia which was actually doing something good! now what? pah...
I'm thinking about a bigger protest ... I know it's not gonna work after all but at least it'll satisfy me right ?

The Following User Says Thank You to jaymzzz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
yup it would satisfy your senses...what is your idea on the protest? i mean how would you carry out the protest in the grandest scale possible?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Very bad news about the Maemo & MeeGo team leaving Nokia. But I think it would be better to protest sending e-mails to Nokia.

After all if N900 & N9 exists is thanks to Nokia too. Nokia makes very bad decisions sometimes. As a Dreamcast fan this situation remembers me when Sega decided to stop the production of the console years ago. But official games were released for some years and the community is still making games and emus. N900 & N9 will be alive thanks to the community too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fatalist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I WANT SOMETHING LIKE THAT:
http://youtu.be/JmvCpR45LKA

...but targeting how atrocious NOKIA is.
Damn it would be da bomb!

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Silly thread. Silly idea.

What's done is done.

Get a life and move on, happy in the knowledge that this community will probably keep things alive for some time yet.

Well, we got wonder device on our hands for few hundred box...now we need smart guys to port ACL or real linux apps...we can't just expect to soock juice all time from nokia...we need linux office to port to this phone and fring...it will rock.
(sorry for my grama)

The Following User Says Thank You to An9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere

come on, im sad too, but life must go on,

Originally Posted by Fatalist View Post
Very bad news about the Maemo & MeeGo team leaving Nokia. But I think it would be better to protest sending e-mails to Nokia.

After all if N900 & N9 exists is thanks to Nokia too. Nokia makes very bad decisions sometimes. As a Dreamcast fan this situation remembers me when Sega decided to stop the production of the console years ago. But official games were released for some years and the community is still making games and emus. N900 & N9 will be alive thanks to the community too.
Dreamcast = best console ever! It seems everything i fall in with has an early demise

Originally Posted by Ch.Saqib View Post
I dont think it is over. As long as this community lives Maemo/MeeGo will remain alive
I've always said as much.

How many new Commodore Amigas have been released in the last 5 years? That's 27 years a community has dragged on.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
It might sound silly but I agree Nokia don't deserve to have their name on the N9, sure they made it but they threw it away immediately so they can go fvck themselves

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post: