Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Maximum of five pics per post ...
Attached Images

But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vienna / Austria
Hello all,

I have the following problem with the panucci audio player:
When I want to add a file o a folder the program does not grant access to the memory chip (/media/mmc1).
Does someone have a solution for that?

Name:  screenshot07.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  21.0 KB

After the N9 announcement I got a little inspired so I added support for themes to Panucci. This only works on QML and only the four themes existing in the theme.conf file can be used. There's no support for adding more themes. You can of course edit the already existing ones as you like and switch on the fly in the settings dialog, enjoy.
Attached Images

But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Fixed dynamical adding/removing of themes. Just edit the theme.conf file and Panucci will pick up what's in it after a restart. Also fixed this bug (thanks reporter and thp):
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12280

Still three months left until the N9 is in shops so still time for improvements. Right now portrait mode isn't supported, dunno if needed? It will require a lot of work to support portrait mode so I'm not sure I'll do it.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by kyros View Post
Hello all,

I have the following problem with the panucci audio player:
When I want to add a file o a folder the program does not grant access to the memory chip (/media/mmc1).
Does someone have a solution for that?
I wish I had the solution -- I have the same problem. (0.99.2).

@kyros, xeres

I don't got a N900 but all I can think of is that it has to be either a permission or path problem. If it's a permission problem use chmod to change the mode on the required folder and if it's a path problem, you can't get to the folder with the filechooser, you'll have to move the files to a place you can get to, usually within your home directory (~).

Ok a little update to our favorite finger friendly podcast player. I got accepted in the CDP for the N950 and recieved it yesterday. Many thanks to texrat and qgil, in no particular order, for making that whole thing happen. And for the record I put my application up here:

I have already written a QML UI for Panucci but as I don't got an N900 I can't test it on a device. So the plan is to make Panucci-QML the best ever audiobook and podcast player for tablets.

I have never owned a Maemo tablet but I took over the maintanence of Panucci in february this year as it was practically dead. I use it on my desktop too but I have collaborated with N900 users in the TMO forum so they have helped me out when needed. Panucci's primary target platform is still tablets. I'm also a long time Linux zealot and really want Meego/Qt to thrive.
And as you shouldn't make promises you can't keep, as Frank Martin's fourth rule, I got right to it and Panucci already runs pretty well on Harmattan. Some small things to fix but nothing major. I'll also pick up a headset to fix the bluetooth implementation which is missing now. The QML version will probably/hopefully work very well on Fremantle too. It will (probably) never support as many features as the GTK one as I don't got an N900 to fix stuff but it should work reasonably well. I made a little teaser video of it, there will soon be a new release for Fremantle too with proper support for QML.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb42fu1BqPg

And FYI thp is already using panucci as an example of how to make qml apps It starts on 4:40:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlfKzmZ895I

Too bad the N950 isn't available in shops but that's the way it is. The software keyboard is very good though and I often rather use that one if you don't need the whole display. For coding the hardware keyboard works better though so hopefully Nokia get their act together and make another meego phone with hwkb after the N9.

Last edited by xerxes2; 2011-07-15 at 11:45.

i have the latest panuci version but i still have that bug where when i try to add file, it shows the n900 and xorg right under it instead of having the n900 and then the memory card below it to select files.

anyone know a fix?

Hello,

Please add A-B repeat feature. OR just automatically repeat between the last two bookmarks. English learners need to repeat a special part of podcast.

Thank you very much.

Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
Ok a little update to our favorite finger friendly podcast player. I got accepted in the CDP for the N950 and recieved it yesterday. Many thanks to texrat and qgil, in no particular order, for making that whole thing happen. And for the record I put my application up here:

And as you shouldn't make promises you can't keep, as Frank Martin's fourth rule, I got right to it and Panucci already runs pretty well on Harmattan. Some small things to fix but nothing major. I'll also pick up a headset to fix the bluetooth implementation which is missing now. The QML version will probably/hopefully work very well on Fremantle too. It will (probably) never support as many features as the GTK one as I don't got an N900 to fix stuff but it should work reasonably well. I made a little teaser video of it, there will soon be a new release for Fremantle too with proper support for QML.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb42fu1BqPg

And FYI thp is already using panucci as an example of how to make qml apps It starts on 4:40:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlfKzmZ895I

Too bad the N950 isn't available in shops but that's the way it is. The software keyboard is very good though and I often rather use that one if you don't need the whole display. For coding the hardware keyboard works better though so hopefully Nokia get their act together and make another meego phone with hwkb after the N9.

Great Thanks.

Last edited by waryamsoomro; 2011-12-11 at 08:24.

Tags
barbiestrsand