sorry maybe it's prejudgation but i got first time from ages the message about ressetting defaults by kernel-config because of some problem. It doesn't happen while low-batterry shutdown nor while the batterry is removed when the device is supposed to be off. So I quick judged it was problem with kernel crash. It could be hardware error either - I couldn't judge without properly reading logs. While the "emergency shutdown" due to some problem - were it real problem or kernel imagined one from wrong readings of availible sensor and HW-traces - the batterry was on too high level to shutdown due it beeing too low. Just remove the batterry put in and boot and it worked for 30 minutes to discharge. When it gently shutdowned due too drastically low charge i put the charger and it was behaving most gently since update to kp50 so some bad device state was reset so the bugs doesn't happen yet. I had problems with nokian batterry meter for long time but it worsened at kp51 update. After Device HW state reset problem is cured until now. BNF seems to measure batterry properly while QT batterry widget which uses most of nokian metter mechanics was able to show my batterry is at 5mah while in reality it were 33% or something less. The thing that worries me most since mild overheats (44c to 55c spikes on batterry) are mostly gone that bnf showed in it's popups that batterry data were recalibrated at least 3 times while I didn't recalibrated it in on purporse. I would exactly know how to collect log from file anywhere in mounted filesystem but I don't know how to collect it from /dev/mtd2 which is device - is it that cat command is enough and how much would it weight in kilobytes? Maybe some help or a link to an howto? I'm in hospital without wifi but my phone have already bought a few hundreds of megabytes of transfer. Let talk more later.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Your walls of text are very awkward to read...

If you post these maybe it will help.

Code:
uname -r
Code:
sudo kernel-config show
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs
gzip -c /dev/mtd2 > mtd2.gz

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
I've noticed, that - when charging via bq2415 module - leaving device "on cable" when fully charged for many hours, lead to crash 100% times. It happens, despite fact, that charging is terminated properly (no yellow light, no charging when checking current flowing).

I can't tell when it happens exactly, but it's happening 100% of times, when I leave N900 for overnight charging with bq2415. Strangely, after such crash, device remains in state, when I can see static framebuffer output *without* backlight.

After using external light to allow reading from out transreflective screen, I was able to see that it reported DSME state as DSME_MALF (instead of "USER" or "SHUTDOWN". Which, probably, mean "malfunction".

It's worth to mention, that even disconnecting from charger and long-press of power button doesn't turn device off - it's necessary to remove battery (and put it back again), to recover from this state.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I've noticed, that - when charging via bq2415 module - leaving device "on cable" when fully charged for many hours, lead to crash 100% times. It happens, despite fact, that charging is terminated properly (no yellow light, no charging when checking current flowing).

I can't tell when it happens exactly, but it's happening 100% of times, when I leave N900 for overnight charging with bq2415. Strangely, after such crash, device remains in state, when I can see static framebuffer output *without* backlight.

After using external light to allow reading from out transreflective screen, I was able to see that it reported DSME state as DSME_MALF (instead of "USER" or "SHUTDOWN". Which, probably, mean "malfunction".

It's worth to mention, that even disconnecting from charger and long-press of power button doesn't turn device off - it's necessary to remove battery (and put it back again), to recover from this state.

/Estel
As far as i know it does not crash completely. SSH should still work so you can still reboot.
I noticed that this error only occurs if the screen is off, so
I leave my screen on with simple brightness widget.

The Following User Says Thank You to projekt For This Useful Post:
Are You sure, that, when leaving screen ON, bq2415 concludes charging, instead of charging indefinitely? It seems to me, that power draw, when screen is on, may be bigger than treeshold set for termination_current.

Thanks for confirming this bug, BTW! I had no idea, that it's in some kind of "working" state, despite no X (just framebuffer, if one have it enabled) 0_o.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Hungary
Hello guys, I have a problem with the included injection drivers.
With the first post linked .sh I got nothing like StefanL, so I decided to use his corrected version instead of Pali's.
the corrected .sh
But I think that this also fails to work.
Images showing the issue: terminal, failed to load modules
packet injection is still not active
If you can mention a power46wl1 and kernel 51 dual boot, it's an option, but I can't use u-boot, because I repartitioned the flash, and it cannot find bootmenu.scr.
What can I do with those modules to load? Please help.

Hi guys, i am still learning how to on my n900, and now i face this problem, i tryed search but no accured found, i made upgrade to KP51, as usual, all went well, but after few hours i found out, that when i recieve SMS there is no alert light and tone, unles i keep conversation window open on background, so i made clean flash, again install KP51, and i am using CSSU testing, and same problem. Is there anyone who hase same problem?? or somebody who can give me help how to fix this think

Hy guys ,
Sorry if my question is dumb , bear with me ...
I have 2.6.28-10power51 ,
I typed "sudo kernel-config show" but the "current kernel configuration" line is empty . however with "uname -r" command I see that I have the above version
My question is : is this the latest version ?
Fapman does not show me any updates available

Yes, that's the latest one. I don't think that line is supposed to contain anything else. It looks like it's just the 'introductory' text for the following.

guys i had some errors ?
Attached Images

Tags
bq2415x_charger, bq27200, kernel-power