Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
He forgot to install the fan before overclocking oooer lol

NO WAY the leaked fw did anything to harm your phone so maybe you should point out that overclocking turns your N900 into an oven ... you can cook an egg on it if you are hungry lol.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
NO WAY the leaked fw did anything to harm your phone so maybe you should point out that overclocking turns your N900 into an oven ... you can cook an egg on it if you are hungry lol.
Oh, were you one of the engineers who worked on that firmware?
How can you be so sure?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Again our hero comes and saves the day. Would you please share other information about this situation.

btw. Do you have that "Jump to conclusion" carpet or where you pull out your conclusions?

The leaked f.w. apparently scales upto 100% cpu load more frequently as compared to stable older f.w. , keep a watch on conky for all those using it.

source > personal experience ..btw still using the leaked f.w.

Last edited by tusharmax; 2010-05-12 at 07:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to tusharmax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Let's get this straight. Overclocking and using leaked firmware killed your N900 and people thought that was funny and you deserved it. Then you managed to reflash it and I guess that means it wasn't killed after all. Did people think that was also funny? Do they think that proves something?

I am overclocking my N900 and running the leaked firmware and having no problems. Does anyone think that is funny and that I deserve it?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
No , it`s not dead if it turns on and starts booting....flash it again and it will be ok

The Following User Says Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Doesnt sound dead to me. More like... just a damaged firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lehto For This Useful Post:
Here we go the know it all's have arrived... typical.
I have been using the fw since leaked and its better than ever before no change, maybe you all think THATS funny too ha.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Maidstone, UK
I think the point people are trying to make is that if you overclock your device and run unsupported firmware you implicitly accept that there is a non-zero chance that your device will be damaged. Nokia can't really be held accountable.

PC overclockers have known for a long time that they risk frying their hardware - or at least decreasing its life-span, the same applies for the N900.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elepedus For This Useful Post: