Active Topics

Hey folks,
this is a simple bluetooth reconnect thingy I threw together because my speakers kept disconnecting. Has an option to restore playing state for mpris-enabled players.

There may be bugs, but this might be useful for someone else, so… have fun.
  • Functional part is mostly ripped out of the device settings' qml, with some minor alterations.
  • May not work for all SFOS-versions, only briefly tested on 2.0.0.10 (Saimaa) on the phone.

https://openrepos.net/content/velox/bleh

version 0.1 r2
  • mpris play on connect option
  • missing strings added to gui

This is what it looks like:

Last edited by velox; 2015-12-04 at 17:59. Reason: r2

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
What have you changed? Been only using my jolla with laptop and had no disconnects so far (unless visiting neighbours and walls interrupted connectivity), is the source available?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
What have you changed? Been only using my jolla with laptop and had no disconnects so far (unless visiting neighbours and walls interrupted connectivity), is the source available?
Basically I took the settings page, deleted some things and put a new UI with the reconnector stuff on it.

Everything I did was QML (the rest, except for the icon, is a standard SDK project), so you could unpack the rpm for the source… but be aware that this is basically the UI equivalent of a personal shell script that I quickly hacked together one evening.

Perhaps it's my speakers fault, the connection can be quite fragile. [edit]But on most devices, those speakers work a lot better than on my Jolla Phone…[/edit]

Last edited by velox; 2015-11-20 at 23:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
i got the same problem but i got n900
how to use this on n900

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
how to use this on n900
Hmm, this won't work at all on your trusty maemo flagship of better days, since this really just is "things found in jollas bluetooth settings with a different interface". I haven't used bluetooth much in my n900 times, and don't really know how to help you there. Sorry to disappoint.

edit: the guys over in https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=50077 may be able to help you…

Last edited by velox; 2015-11-21 at 23:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Update on openrepos! This may turn out to become useful after all.

New Option: bleh now tries to play paused media if it thinks you have not paused it yourself.

version 0.1 r2
  • mpris play on connect option
  • missing strings added to gui

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Have you had a look to see if the firmware of your bluetooth device can be upgraded?, I had similar problems with my first pair of Bose Ae2W, they got sent back to Bose, who sent a new pair - same problem. Eventually, after talking to a rep at Bose, he directed me to a firmware upgrade page.

Just a thought.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Just a heads up:
I've received word that bleh does not start on recent SFOS versions (at least 2.1.3.7+) – which was to be expected, as the whole thing was kind of a dirty hack for the half-broken BT on my first J1 well over two years ago.

I don't currently have a development machine at home (and might not have one for the next weeks), so looking into it may take quite a while. But I do plan on investigating this further eventually.

cheers!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, audio, bluetooth, connection, sailfish os