Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

I think they just designed it wrong. Should have used push-through (circuit board) connector instead of the surface mounted one.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I think they just designed it wrong. Should have used push-through (circuit board) connector instead of the surface mounted one.
maybe, there is a possibility.

but im still looking on what nokia said about only a VERY limited n900 devices are affected.

My usb port came out on the 12/03. I took my phone to my local Mobile Phones Direct. They had a look at it, said they weren't sure whether or not the repair would be covered under warranty. They sent it off anyways.

Its now the 27/03, and I still dont have my phone yet, or heard anything from them. I came accross Nokia's repair tracker on their site - http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/repai.../repair-status. I have no idead what 'case id' they are asking for to track the status of my phone. I got a receipt when I dropped my phone off, which has; Account number, IMEI number, & Repair order number. Ive tried entering all of this, but on Nokia's page, it then comes up with "no information found for this case id". WHAT IS THE CASE ID? Its driving me mad - I REALLY want my phone back. Anyone else go through a simalar experience?

Last edited by Young_mario; 2010-03-27 at 20:49. Reason: spelling error

Originally Posted by Young_mario View Post
My usb port came out on the 12/03. I took my phone to my local Mobile Phones Direct. They had a look at it, said they weren't sure whether or not the repair would be covered under warranty. They sent it off anyways.

Its now the 27/03, and I still dont have my phone yet, or heard anything from them. I came accross Nokia's repair tracker on their site - http://www.nokia.co.uk/support/repai.../repair-status. I have no idead what 'case id' they are asking for to track the status of my phone. I got a receipt when I dropped my phone off, which has; Account number, IMEI number, & Repair order number. Ive tried entering all of this, but on Nokia's page, it then comes up with "no information found for this case id". WHAT IS THE CASE ID? Its driving me mad - I REALLY want my phone back. Anyone else go through a simalar experience?
It the serial number for ur device. It should start with 356 or another set of numbers. Can't remember what nokia's rep was telling me. It's taking them that long time to mail back your device, thats absurd. I contacted nokia about my problem and they helped me fill out the form on 3/23/10. I mailed my device that evening and recieved an email on 3/24/10 that my device is unrepairable and they would be sending me a new device. Check the traking number with ups and judging on where my n900 is, I should be getting it back on 3/29/10. Thats like 6 or 7 day without my phone and i feel so naked, but haveing them hold my phone for 2 weeks i'll be pissed. You should try contacting them maybe this will encourage them.

Also try using this link http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...f-phone-repair . I know its a US link but it might allow you to view the status of your phone.

Last edited by luckylefty; 2010-03-28 at 01:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luckylefty For This Useful Post:
The Nokia website won't tell me where my nearest care centre is on my n900; could someone tell me where on in Oxfordshire is? Ik think I saw something on this thread about oh in Newbury?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
The Nokia website won't tell me where my nearest care centre is on my n900; could someone tell me where on in Oxfordshire is? Ik think I saw something on this thread about oh in Newbury?
you can call them, browse the nokia care site for your location and just fetch their phone number.

in my location, there's zero nokia care centers, but i am instructed to call their line.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Young_mario View Post

I suggest you have a look at my posts on this thread from about page 100 onwards. I had to chase Nokia and sent customer services a letter to get my N900 back. As for the status tool it is about as much use a as a chocolate teapot. You need to get urgent with Nokia or they will keep your N900 for weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
maybe or maybe, nokia have been receiving so many returns that delays them. geez i hope im wrong!

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
Guys!! I have good news!!
They did replace my n900 device. This is great!!! OMG! 2months without my phone cuz I send it from Peru...
--------------------------------------------------------
The repair status of your device is:

A replacement Nokia N900 device, serial number 356938031XXXXXX, has been shipped for your original Nokia N900 device, serial number 356938030XXXXXX, under Nokia's replacement program.

Your device was shipped via USPS on 03/29/10.

Track your shipment via USPS. www.usps.com
Tracking Number: 9121805213907072XXXXXX.
--------------------------------------------------------
I should have it on my hands in +/- 1 week

TY so much Texrat.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrancamos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
My N900 dropped while the charger was connected and it wrenched the USB connector inside the phone. I'm in Canada and Nokia Canada said they don't / can't support the phone. Nokia USA would service the phone but will not ship outside the USA. That seemed like a hassle, so I sent it to Dr. Cell Phone in Dallas, TX, who concluded they cannot resolder the USB connector--it needs a new motherboard and Nokia will not provide those parts to them. And even so, the cost of replacing the motherboard would exceed the price of buying a new phone!

Sooooo....now I'm back to dealing with Nokia USA. Can anyone confirm that Nokia USA really is replacing the broken USB connectors under warranty and where this is officially documented (by Nokia)?

Thanks so much!

Cheers!

Brad

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty