Active Topics

Test iso 100/400 macro with Flash (no internal/external light)

Iso 400

Iso 100

Iso 100

Iso 400

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheThane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
he he nice and clear pictures... ca. two fingers left of the star (on botom picture) there is a small hair... I first thought it was on my screen

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
I have an N82 and N900. I do not understand if the two have 5Mpx, because the pictures of N82 (without using xenon) are absurdly better than the N900?
Even when shooting documents (macro) photos of the N900 are completely blurred.

One problem I find is that the shutter release (sorry, that's the "capture button") has too much travel and requires too much pressure at the bottom. The half-press for focusing works as it should, but taking a photograph requires applying more pressure as the top of the button becomes flush with the surrounding surface. It's very easy for my hands to shake a little in that situation, and that's enough to spoil a low-light photo.

As long as I remember to compensate (I find pressing the button with the nail of my index finger helps), I'm happy so far with the camera.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I have seen stellar photos taken with the N900. I have not been able to achieve this-- which leads me to believe quality in this case is more user-dependent than device-dependent.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Portugal
In my case, I had to change the white balance from Automatic to Sunny, otherwise the photos were way too white.

People skin color seemed like they were dead

Don't know if this is a hardware problem or SW...
If HW, then I should replace the device...

Bye

Originally Posted by maya View Post
I have an N82 and N900. I do not understand if the two have 5Mpx, because the pictures of N82 (without using xenon) are absurdly better than the N900?
Megapixel number is NOT a measure of photo quality. All that megapixels tell you is how large the photos are, not how detailed.

The N82's hardware and firmware was designed specifically for photographers, which is why it produces much better pictures than most phones. It was launched and marketed as a photo-centric device, the ultimate cameraphone. I watched the N82 launch live online, and they spent almost the entire time talking about photography.

If you want an upgrade from the N82, the N86 is the next photo-centric Nokia model.

Last edited by krisse; 2010-01-05 at 03:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krisse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Megapixel number is NOT a measure of photo quality. All that megapixels tell you is how large the photos are, not how detailed.

The N82's hardware and firmware was designed specifically for photographers, which is why it produces much better pictures than most phones. It was launched and marketed as a photo-centric device, the ultimate cameraphone. I watched the N82 launch live online, and they spent almost the entire time talking about photography.

If you want an upgrade from the N82, the N86 is the next photo-centric Nokia model.
Or just get the Sony Erricsson Satio with 12.1MP camera Cybershot, smile detection, point focus...etc. That if you think camera should be the main priority. Other wise just get a Camera

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I have seen stellar photos taken with the N900. I have not been able to achieve this-- which leads me to believe quality in this case is more user-dependent than device-dependent.
Looking at some of the shots on the 'your best photos' thread, and the n900 flickr group I'm sure this is the case. I have a handful of spectacular shots - but most are not.

I asked tiggert if he'd write us a 'getting the best from your n900 camera' page for the the wiki - I think it would be good if the people who are getting great photos shared their secret with the rest of us.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Fremantle, W. Australia
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
Now the N86 is a real camera. Unlike N82/N900 it has a mechanical shutter and variable aperture. Still not as good as a $99 Canon, but could be a big improvement.

Tags
camera, focus, fremantle, image quality, lack of quality control, maemo, maemo 5, n900, photo, photo quality, photograph, photography, picture, quality