Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Ok, got it now. Will add the second notification when I have time (working right now). Worried about removing the warning message thought, don't want to be the cause of damaged screens...
Yes, to be honest i imagined a toggle just like the Bluetooth or Power Save Mode one... but i'm not complaining. Well aware of the damaged screen thing but users have to be prepared to take some responsibility for their actions surely...

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
leave that application in background when listening to music... job done?... profit?

If that doesn't work, I can add the feature to babylock at some day.
Yeah thanks rainisto, i know that would work but it's not super elegant and Squeezster will spend all it's time looking for my network and not find it in those scenarios... I know of your app but dont use it - maybe it would be a good think to put there too?

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Thank you! Will surely use it.
What's its license? Thinking of submitting the app to the store, it's kind of difficult to find it here.
License of the icon? None. It's just an icon, copyrights free. Feel free to use it or modify it in any way you see fit.

Package attached.

Beware damage may occur if the screen displays the same image for long periods, due to the nature of oled scrrens. Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any damage.
1) VERY cool app design
2) donation box; seriously, you need to have one when you make an app this cool and tidy
3) GPLv2, so i guess this is a source code request.
i assume youre doing a dbus com.nokia.mce.request.req_display_blanking_pause every X seconds {i wanna know whats X?}.

i also really like the notification removal hook type thingamabob, and wanna use it for similar apps {like a one-touch-mute for theaters}.

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
1) VERY cool app design
2) donation box; seriously, you need to have one when you make an app this cool and tidy
3) GPLv2, so i guess this is a source code request.
i assume youre doing a dbus com.nokia.mce.request.req_display_blanking_pause every X seconds {i wanna know whats X?}.

i also really like the notification removal hook type thingamabob, and wanna use it for similar apps {like a one-touch-mute for theaters}.
1) Thanks
2) Not yet, if you really want to check back soon =(
3) Source attached.

Not doing dbus com.nokia.mce.request.req_display_blanking_pause. Just using the QSystemScreenSaver class.

It's not really difficult, just look in the (very small) source code.

I've just sent the app to the store. Hopefully they won't take long to make it available.
Attached Files
File Type: gz dontgosleep.tar.gz (35.7 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by traysh; 2012-11-22 at 12:00.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
1) Thanks
2) Not yet, if you really want to check back soon =(
3) Source attached.

Not doing dbus com.nokia.mce.request.req_display_blanking_pause. Just using the QSystemScreenSaver class.

It's not really difficult, just look in the (very small) source code.

Also attaching an updated package. I hope it is less confuse to use it now.

I've just sent the app to the store. Hopefully they won't take long to make it available.
Thanks looks good... Happy to donate too!

There's another app call Backlighter which disables the lock screen as long as it is running in the background.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
There's another app call Backlighter which disables the lock screen as long as it is running in the background.
Another vote for Backlighter!

It's also handy that you can boost (or decrease) the screen brightness for the time you want to block the display dimming and everything returns to normal when you just close the application.

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
traysh, have you really published the app in the store? I can't find it. What name is it under?

Plus, this is a nice chance to remind the community about this piece of software. It is extraordinarily useful. Well done.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I like traysh's app but for those who don't know you can also disable screen blanking use N9QTweak Tweak T-3 with system widgets installed...Its useful as its a toggle on your status bar...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: