Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Yeah, i tried also with taskmanager, which can lock orientation. Orientation is right, but only half display is used in landscape/inverted. One proportion is handled wrong in some place, i bet ot is a quirk in the official abandoned port...

The Following User Says Thank You to mankir For This Useful Post:
I did a clean flash of SF, and went to re-install my Debian Sid container, but seems like some repo update broke xwayland build process, (or...?). What distros are you all using? Has anyone installed recently and gotten success?
Attached Images

Last edited by levone1; 2021-12-07 at 15:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
I was able to get Devuan working, but had to install many deps manually...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
I did a clean flash of SF, and went to re-install my Debian Sid container, but seems like some repo update broke xwayland build process, (or...?). What distros are you all using? Has anyone installed recently and gotten success?
I installed Kali through easy_pwn (https://github.com/r3vn/easy_pwn) a month or so ago and am using it frequently. I had to make a couple of tweaks to the scripts along the way (change nemo to defaultuser, trust the default kali repos so that PGP keys aren't validated, remove the nethunter packages) but it was quite straightforward.

Reason why I used easy_pwn is because my device (Xperia X) doesn't support LXC leaving a good old chroot as the only option. Giuseppe (r3vn) put a lot of work into it. Kali also ships with pretty UI theming haha. The rootfs is from February 2019 but apt-upgrading it all worked fine.

I set the fonts DPI to 200.

Oh and also the latest qxcompositor from openrepos crashes for me so it's portrait only. The other thing that doesn't work is starting it from the desktop icon so I'm running it from the terminal / qCommand.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vaskas For This Useful Post:
Ok I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am unable to get harbour-container gui to work. I have installed qxcompositor from the following repo "https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/home:/elros34:/sailfishapps/sailfishos_4.3.0.12/armv7hl/" and also put export $(dbus-launch) and export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1001 in the linux container
But I have not been able to get a GUI. Any guidance would be appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to mibry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mibry View Post
Ok I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am unable to get harbour-container gui to work. I have installed qxcompositor from the following repo "https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/home:/elros34:/sailfishapps/sailfishos_4.3.0.12/armv7hl/" and also put export $(dbus-launch) and export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/1001 in the linux container
But I have not been able to get a GUI. Any guidance would be appreciated.
open terminal and type
HTML Code:
harbour-containers
and see what the output is.

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
When I run harbour-container it opens the gui containers app.

So I see the problem as being qxcompositor doesn't open a session. When I run the qxcompositor I get the error "Specified Desktop file does not exist "".

So I see the problem as being qxcompositor doesn't open a session. When I run the qxcompositor I get the error "Specified Desktop file does not exist "".
Did you use Containers app to create lxc with setup desktop button checked?
what command are you using for QXC?

See @edp17 examples here - https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=198

is this the screen you get?
If so, it's good. It means QXC is running. Then you need to run your "start_desktop" file inside of attached container
Attached Images

Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
is this the screen you get?
If so, it's good. It means QXC is running. Then you need to run your "start_desktop" file inside of attached container
I tried that before and it didn't work. But now it did, it is working.

Thanks, my bad.

Tags
application, development, linux