Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Kosova, Albania
I really want to dual boot my nokia n900 with maemo and meego but I have problems I cannot install uboot-pr13.. I have kernel-power50 also installed kernel multiboot-img and overclocked device 600MHz-1000Mhz pls help! i already have micro sd card class6 samsung 8 GB but i'm stocked at this uboot-pr13 i can't install it is there any other way to dual boot maemo and meego (from external memory) PLS help. THNX

The Following User Says Thank You to lirikosova For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
First you have to uninstall kenrnel-power50 and then you will be able to install Uboot-pr13 because they conflict each other

The Following User Says Thank You to ayazpak For This Useful Post:
hmm but kernel power50 can it affect overclocking and i think I cannot uninstall it from application manager so if I remove it and install uboot-pr13 can I install kernel power 50 again after uboot any idea??

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
Plz Don't try to uninstall KP50 or else your N900 would go into reboot loop. (I did this before and I had to reflash)

Maybe first you should have other kernel image (unless someone correct me)

/Anas

The Following User Says Thank You to AnasSyria For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Uninstall kp through nokia kernel menu is the safest way

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Use 'Nokia kernel' icon in the app list to get back to stock kernel, then install u-boot (do they really conflict? Pretty sure had KP50 and u-boot at some point together having Nemo and Fremantle/kp50 running without issues)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Okay I uninstalled it uboot runs started maemo okay but wTF overclock setttigns has gone I started meego at pin request screen i cant not see all numbers lock screen works but it asks for pin code of my sim card and im getting a portrait screen resulotion in landscape orientation so i can not enter my pin number keyboard seems not entering my pin code pls help can i have also my kernel overclock settings in maemo and also uboot can i install in someway them both

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Use 'Nokia kernel' icon in the app list to get back to stock kernel, then install u-boot (do they really conflict? Pretty sure had KP50 and u-boot at some point together having Nemo and Fremantle/kp50 running without issues)
tell me how to install now kp50 in maemo with uboot and cannot enter my pin code in meego seems not all drivers working :S

Maybe try Nemo (assuming you're trying bit outdated Meego image, Nemo installed for me without any problems and is the continuation of this project)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
hmm I have meego 1.3 community latest package >>> i haven't heard about nemo can I install it on memory card or give me a link how to run it in device n900 pls and tell me is there a possible way to install kernel power50 again without deleting uboot