The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
LOL. Latin America got special needs when it comes to OSes they lost me right there.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
LOL. Latin America got special needs when it comes to OSes they lost me right there.
Have you been there?
Actually they have special needs as independence is one of the key driving national concern and pride. Jala is the only relevant SW company in bolivia and they are on a mission to make "know how" available to their fellow citizens.
You could investigate into the matter but yeah, nothing easier than to drop a "meh" comment.

Also and most importantly it brings whole new opportunitys for my sister-in-law from La Paz to bring different christmas presents than traditional knittings and panpipes when she comes to visit

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Have you been there?
Actually they have special needs as independence is one of the key driving national concern and pride. Jala is the only relevant SW company in bolivia and they are on a mission to make "know how" available to their fellow citizens.
You could investigate into the matter but yeah, nothing easier than to drop a "meh" comment.

Also and most importantly it brings whole new opportunitys for my sister-in-law from La Paz to bring different christmas presents than traditional knittings and panpipes when she comes to visit
not in in Bolivia. no. but in Latin America. thats is not relevant. How does bolivia requrument for indipendent OS differ compared to other countries?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
not in in Bolivia. no. but in Latin America. thats is not relevant. How does bolivia requrument for indipendent OS compared to other countries?
I do not know about other countries in detail.
Latin America is complicated but full of opportunities for honest and longterm business. I expect some real educational part of the Beta Program taking place to "grow" local devs in the long run. For market success, i do not have a slight idea if they can play the patriot trumpet to win. But phones are monstly bought used as the price point is 100 or 200$ max for the most people. Lets see if they hit that price range.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
There will be 3 devices available in 3 stores in Cochabamba, La Paz and Santa Cruz :
Accione USD149 witrh 2GB/16GB/720p
AccioneP USD249 with 3GB/32GB/1080p
and an unspecified special edition for USD299

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 458 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
Will these include Alien Dalvik?

The Following User Says Thank You to Pentona For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
There will be 3 devices available in 3 stores in Cochabamba, La Paz and Santa Cruz :
Accione USD149 witrh 2GB/16GB/720p
AccioneP USD249 with 3GB/32GB/1080p
and an unspecified special edition for USD299
Interesting!

The first one could match pretty well to the Jolla C/Aquafish/Inoi reference design.

As for the second one - well, that's basically matching an Xperia X spec wise which is pretty weird, I don't really see them actually selling flashed Xperias (would likely have to be second hand/refurbished to hit the price point) just in this market & it might not fit the independent part very well. So likely another, more beefy reference design.

As for the special edition - no idea.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
So likely another, more beefy reference design.
Would make sense to have a ref design close to the Xperia X... This way, the whole work on the Xperia port would also serve a commercial purpose.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Ultramemia
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post

As for the special edition - no idea.
I understood special edition was nothing but the AccioneP with the BassOne Headphones included (basciallly).

It's been fun to watch the conference, some of the most interesting points to fight against google & apple status quo are the prices they offer (repairs etc). The thing that after 12 months of use you can pay with the old accione phone to get a new one... The old acciones will be reaconditioned (by the same Jala) and sold with 6 months garantee with cheaper price.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mjoan For This Useful Post: