Active Topics

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Hi one1002,

you should download the file named: ubuntu-m5-v1.img.ext2.lzma, then extract it where the previous image was. this should fix your problem.

jm

Originally Posted by one1002 View Post
Hey guys, I have accidentally deleted the ubuntu.img.ext2, so whenever i tried to run ubuntu lxde, i get

Code:
ERROR!

You have no ubuntu.img.ext2 file on your memory cards

Please use the ubuntu Image Installer in Extras
the dropbox link is not working anymore, and I don't know if the file is listed in qole's website. I couldn't find ubuntu.img.ext2 in http://qole.org/files/. In the website, it has 6 ubuntu files. Which one should I download?

thx!

Hi All,

I wrote some summary about my easy ubuntu experiences, so I decided to post it here along with some screenshots.

Cheers,

jm
Attached Files
File Type: zip Summary_Easy_Ubuntu.zip (184.3 KB, 206 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
Hi All,

I wrote some summary about my easy ubuntu experiences, so I decided to post it here along with some screenshots.

Cheers,

jm
Hi All,

I just wanted to make a quick update with a screenshot just to show the possibilities.

Cheers,

jm
Attached Images

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
in case you are not aware - there is mouse and keyboard support in the repos (extkbd and extmou)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
in case you are not aware - there is mouse and keyboard support in the repos (extkbd and extmou)
thanks, freemangordon! I read something about this support long time ago, and of course I totally forgot it. (: so thanks again.

Hi All!

I refreshed my writing because I found a solution for the sound problem.

Cheers,

jm
Attached Files
File Type: zip easy_ubuntu_experiences.doc.zip (438.9 KB, 191 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi,

did someone already try e17 enlightment desktop and compared it to the lxde one?

Great work keep it up!

Hi All!

Just a quick post on a very annoying issue: i wanted to install R on easy ubuntu, but during the installation something went wrong; an unexpected restart occured. Normally it is not a problem, my maemo system wasn't harm of course, but ubuntu lxde is now messed up, it cannot load LXDE, stops atthe window that says:"Ctrl back to return to dashboard". Luckily ubuntu chroot is working. I tried to figure out what the problem was, but I didn't succeded. Segmentation fault everywhere, broken files in /usr/bin, cannot start any of the applications; only midnight commander is working. So now i backup my config files (for conky, nautilus, midori, etc.) and start the whole thing again from the beginning. Frankly, now i would like to use easy debian, because it has the applications that easy ubuntu doesn't (R Commander for example).

Cheers,

jm

EDIT: some other things that i noticed:
- when i tried to launch debian lxde (that was on my phone's MyDocs folder as well), it also refused to start.
- After rebooting the phone the debian lxde located in MyDocs started normally.
- After rebooting the phone ubuntu lxde wont start.
- After launching ubuntu lxde debian lxde won't start either -> it needs rebooting the phone.
- After copying debian lxde it starts normally from other places (mmc1).
- After copying ubuntu lxde it doesn' start. But the original, freshly downloaded easy ubuntu image is working fine.

- Trying to figure out what the problem was, i found that some lib files are corrupted, and NFS handle happend. I can't do a thing to solve it; i think something happened with /dev/loop0.
- I don't know if i did it well, but tried to fsck the not-working ubuntu image (/dev/loop0). Fsck said that it is corrupted, something is wrong woth the block size. So that is it.

Last edited by justmemory; 2014-03-14 at 13:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Hi All!

I refreshed my writing because I found a solution for the sound problem.

Cheers,

jm
Hi All!

After flashing my device i decided to have another try on "easy-things" (:

There is something with easy debian; every second run the menu disappears and i can log out only if i run the command from /usr/bin... I didn't want to mess with this, so i gave easy ubuntu another try.
I made a separate ext3 partition on my sd card and converted and copied ubuntu image to that.

That is why i refreshed my earlier writing a bit. It seems that maybe the battery drained totally during the installation of R; it is working now, there is nothing wrong with it.

Cheers,

jm
Attached Files
File Type: zip easy_ubuntu_experiences.zip (21.4 KB, 118 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Hi All!

After flashing my device i decided to have another try on "easy-things" (:

There is something with easy debian; every second run the menu disappears and i can log out only if i run the command from /usr/bin... I didn't want to mess with this, so i gave easy ubuntu another try.
I made a separate ext3 partition on my sd card and converted and copied ubuntu image to that.

That is why i refreshed my earlier writing a bit. It seems that maybe the battery drained totally during the installation of R; it is working now, there is nothing wrong with it.

Cheers,

jm
Hi All,
Thanks justmemory for the big work you've done.
Unfortunately the ubuntu-n900.deb does not work as UbuntuOne has been discontinued. Does someone still own this file? If not, is there a way to install and access it without it (the deb file) ?
Thanks in advance!!!