Help!

After getting caught in some rain my N9 refused to turn on. I dried out the ports using my PC's vent and opened up the case a few hours later. No moisture visible inside, and after checking the battery (4.1V) and reconnecting it, now the Nokia logo shows for about 30 seconds and then the phone shuts off.

I then tried to reflash the firmware with WinFlasher. It responds to the -i command, but when trying to flash it keeps rebooting after the 'Suitable USB interface (phonet) not found, waiting...' message, again showing the Nokia logo for 30 seconds each time (output below).

I also tried connecting to USB in Linux and it goes into the same reboot loop.

Any suggestions?

>WinFlasher_3.12.1 -f -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.263.2_PR_LEGACY_263_ARM_RM-696_PRD_signed.bin
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct 6 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1601
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3.263.2_PR_263
Sending ape-algo image (7103 kB)...
100% (7103 of 7103 kB, avg. 30486 kB/s)
Suitable USB interface (phonet) not found, waiting...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Wut ? Sounds like short surkit or power surge somewhere get it washed thoroughly before experimenting btw why people check their phone is ok or not after a splash ???? Its the biggest mistake they make by turning it on or whatever . Cant they just wait to dry it completely or get it cleaned ? As phones typicaly take a long time to dry completely.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Wut ? Sounds like short surkit or power surge somewhere get it washed thoroughly before experimenting btw why people check their phone is ok or not after a splash ???? Its the biggest mistake they make by turning it on or whatever . Cant they just wait to dry it completely or get it cleaned ? As phones typicaly take a long time to dry completely.
true to some extend, however, the thing is, even if you manage to have it cleaned and dried, often damage is done - but sometimes doesnt show until weeks, or months later

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: