Notices

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
I'm trying to play Lure of the Temptress using ScummVM 0.11 on a N810- I cannot for the life of me figure out how to right click. Or is this a bug? I've tried pressing the center button of the D-pad while tapping the screen and tapping the screen and holding then pressing the center button.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/scummvm/
It is the menu key, it was easier to remap. I still don't have N810, Is it a bad choice to map it like this on N810?

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/scummvm/
It is the menu key, it was easier to remap. I still don't have N810, Is it a bad choice to map it like this on N810?
Yes, the menu is on the keyboard part and therefore quite difficult to reach

Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
Yes, the menu is on the keyboard part and therefore quite difficult to reach
I see. The center key sends 'Enter' keycode so when I remap it to right click it is impossible to press enter in save game dialog. I had no time to examine Lure engine in detail and tweak it in save dialog back to enter. Yesterday I finally tried Broken Sword 2 and noticed you cannot save game since you cannot enter save game name (770,N800) so there will be 0.11.0-1 with this fix at least. I'll see what can be done for Lure.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

When thinking about this (not having N810) the center key is on keyboard too, how this is any better? Wouldn't it be better to have right click mapped to one of those zoom keys? Even for all engines when running on N810? Or maybe move escape key to such zoom key and put right click to escape key? Any opinions of hardcore scummvm gamer with N810 on this matter?

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
When thinking about this (not having N810) the center key is on keyboard too, how this is any better? Wouldn't it be better to have right click mapped to one of those zoom keys? Even for all engines when running on N810? Or maybe move escape key to such zoom key and put right click to escape key? Any opinions of hardcore scummvm gamer with N810 on this matter?
I vote for Right click being place on one of the Zoom keys My, not too distant 2nd choice would be Right click on the Escape key and moving Escape to a Zoom key. Thanks

And I just tried the Menu key for Right click & I'm just not getting it to work What exactly do I need to be doing? In particular I'm stuck in the very first part of the game - in the dungeon and I want to take/use the torch. Wouldn't that be a Right-Click action?

Last edited by PinCushionQueen; 2008-01-14 at 14:14.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
In particular I'm stuck in the very first part of the game - in the dungeon and I want to take/use the torch. Wouldn't that be a Right-Click action?
Yes, when you have cursor changed to cross and it says 'Torch' in upper left corner you can right-click and on the left you should see menu with commands 'Get' and 'Pull'. That's how it works with 770 and N800 when I press menu key.

BTW does menu key work in other engines (scumm,fotaq)?

Last edited by fanoush; 2008-01-14 at 14:31.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
I vote for Right click being place on one of the Zoom keys My, not too distant 2nd choice would be Right click on the Escape key and moving Escape to a Zoom key. Thanks
I guess I could set right click to right zoom key (+?) and also use left zoom key for menu key. Those keys are used on 770 an N800 for generating letters in savegame names and copy protection entry (in monkey2), with N810 you can enter this on keyboard so zoom keys are free.

Posts: 157 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oxford, UK
Yesterday I finished playing DoTT on the tablet, so I went and dug out my copy of Monkey Island 2 and copied that across. I checked that it seemed to run ok.

This evening when I try to run it I just get a text screen with very small print (something like script 150 not in room 100, but the numbers are too small to see clearly). DoTT, Maniac Mansion and Beneath a Steel Sky all still run fine.

I guess I must have changed something, but I have no idea what. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
I guess I must have changed something, but I have no idea what. Any suggestions?
Looks like corrupted monkey2 game directory, try to copy again.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post: