Posts: 23 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2019 @ france
Hello,
I assume this is a common issue but I didnt find out a solution here... My problem : the commands such as 'sudo apt-get install xxxx' or 'sudo apt-get remove xxx' always end with this message :
Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs... mv: can't create 'ca-certificates.crt': Permission denied

It seems not to prevent the installation or the removal of some small application (I checked with eyrie and batteryalert).
FYI, the "aegis-dpkg -i" seems to work perfectly well.

I noticed this issue when I decided to install some extra tools of the Developer Mode (performance with htop in my case) : their installation always failed. Then i decided to unactivate de Dev Mode and to reactivate it but... IMPOSSIBLE .
The reactivation process runs an installation and this one always ended with an install failure msg...
Then I tried to run this :
sudo apt-get install developer-mode
and, blaaaam in my face, I got the error msg I mention ("...can't create 'ca-certificates.crt...")
then I tried
sudo aegis-dpkg -i developer-mode_1.48+0m6_armel.deb
and luckily i works and luckily the Dev Mode was UP again

However the error msg I mention ("...can't create 'ca-certificates.crt...") still happens in all cases (with apt-get of course)

The most funny is I have TWO N9 (on white , one blu) and the problems occur only on the BLU one ! Everything is working well on the WHITE one (i.e. I can install the tools of Dev Mode on the WHITE...etc).
I have compared the Certificates on both and ... they have exactly the same ! I even compared the MASK OF RIGHTS on both (ls -l certs) , and they have exactly the same rights on both !!!

I dont know at all Meego and its secret, I'd appreciate an help !
PS: I installed roughtly the same apps on both n9, icluded N9QTweak, Repomirror, Warehouse, FileCase.... and both have PR 1.3 (40.2012.21-3_PR_005).

Last edited by smartblu9; 2020-07-06 at 16:22.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on May 2019 @ france
I think I found the cause : ca-certificates was installed on the faulty n9.
I uninstalled it (sudo apt-get remove ca-certificates).
And, now, everything is fine !
- I can successfully install & remove any extra tools from the DEV MODE screen
- I can install & remove with APT-GET without error.
Hurrah !

Lesson learned : do not install ca-certificates on harmattan ! (its available on openrepos.net here ).

Last edited by smartblu9; 2020-07-08 at 18:29.