Posts: 68 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Ukraine
If I pushing power button to shutdown: sometimes device rebooted. Sometimes shutdown. Rebooting is not work - it work the same as shut-down. Can it fixed?
Have this problem with kernel-power51/52 + CSSU+Thumb. Reistalling OS is not a decision - problem remained.
Help!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to badazimer For This Useful Post:
Can anybody help me please?

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
It is a bug with kernel power since version ~46 and it seems to be still not fixed... but as far as I remember the N900 is not rebooting with plugged Charger/usb cable so unplug it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Search for a posting by user "estel" on the reboot issue. It is a known but very elusive bug.

To summarise: shutdown always works but trying to do a reboot does not, as the device tries but shutsdown.

Another peculiarity: if charging when off it may not boot up when switched on. Uncouple charger and switch on, and it will boot.
No known cure. My n900 has done this in the past. No after a reflash is doesn't.

"Technology is strange"

(edit: slow typer I am , and long winded....)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Search for a posting by user "estel" on the reboot issue. It is a known but very elusive bug.

To summarise: but trying to do a reboot does not, as the device tries but shutsdown.

Another peculiarity: if charging when off it may not boot up when switched on. Uncouple charger and switch on, and it will boot.
No known cure. My n900 has done this in the past. No after a reflash is doesn't.

"Technology is strange"

(edit: slow typer I am , and long winded....)
I know this bug, but in my situation shutdown works not always. If I push shutdown button: 50% device is shutdown, 50& - is rebooted, This is my problem. I’ll never be sure that device shutdown after push button

Originally Posted by badazimer View Post
I know this bug, but in my situation shutdown works not always. If I push shutdown button: 50% device is shutdown, 50& - is rebooted, This is my problem. I’ll never be sure that device shutdown after push button
I wonder if this is related to the problem you had with stock camera and blessn900? That is, buttons responding inconsistently.

Do you have strange / complex mappings? Wild guessing here....

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Do you have your /home FS type changed by chance?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
I wonder if this is related to the problem you had with stock camera and blessn900? That is, buttons responding inconsistently.

Do you have strange / complex mappings? Wild guessing here....
MayBe, but if I want shutdown - I make a short press to button & push shutdown in popup - this is not a button problem. If You give me command to x-term which making a shutdown - I will test it. Maybe - halt?

Originally Posted by badazimer View Post
MayBe, but if I want shutdown - I make a short press to button & push shutdown in popup - this is not a button problem. If You give me command to x-term which making a shutdown - I will test it. Maybe - halt?
Code:
poweroff -d 0

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Do you have your /home FS type changed by chance?
I doubt, I didn't make operation with partition & FS. And how it
influence to shutdown operation?

Tags
kernel-power, kernel-power52, power key, rebooting, shutdown