Notices

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
This utility has been arround for some time but has never been properly announced, so here it is.

What is it?

dontgosleep is a small utility to temporarily disable the screen timeout (screensaver) on the Nokia N9/N950.

Features
  • Keeps the screen on (disables the screensaver) =)
  • Clean interface - no windows
  • Really small memory footprint as it has no GUI
  • Stable

Warning
Keeping the screen on and displaying the same image for long periods (probably at least some days) may cause screen burn, so don't do that. Click here to read the wikipedia article about this problem.

Disclaimer
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Usage / Screenshots

1. Touch the icon to launch dontgosleep. A message will be shown warning the screen should not be left on for too much time.

2. After the application is launched, the screen timeout (screensaver) is automatically disabled and a notification is shown in the notifications view.

3.Touching the notification enables the screen timeout and quits the application.

Get it
Download it from the Nokia Store: http://store.nokia.com/content/330981
Or scan with your phone:

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
If anyone has a good idea to disable the timeout without having to click the icon please share with us

Wow! It is a really cool idea to implement "widget" through notifications! It is a way better than change .desktop file to simulate widget behaviour.

I don't think you should change anything in this behaviour - everything is perfect

BTW, is it possible to implement the same notification trick using pyside?

Originally Posted by PIDk View Post
Wow! It is a really cool idea to implement "widget" through notifications! It is a way better than change .desktop file to simulate widget behaviour.

I don't think you should change anything in this behaviour - everything is perfect

BTW, is it possible to implement the same notification trick using pyside?
I never used pyside, so I wouldn't know...

Originally Posted by traysh View Post
If anyone has a good idea to disable the timeout without having to click the icon please share with us
Could you not just cycle notifications. So when the app is first launched you get the disable notification, then when you disable you get an enable notification. As such as long as the application is running there is a permanent notification to click.

The Following User Says Thank You to anig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
This is a good app.

Maybe you can create a custom action in ProfileMatic for disabling timeout in certain conditions?

+1 for QR code

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
Is this something like,the coderus's system UI,One of the buttons....Display blanking?

The Following User Says Thank You to ThraxZzz For This Useful Post:
coooool idea after fastern9

The Following User Says Thank You to Fallenzone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anig View Post
Could you not just cycle notifications. So when the app is first launched you get the disable notification, then when you disable you get an enable notification. As such as long as the application is running there is a permanent notification to click.
I can create a option to allow that. Then how to exit the application?
Maybe by touching the icon again?

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
This is a good app.

Maybe you can create a custom action in ProfileMatic for disabling timeout in certain conditions?

+1 for QR code
No need to create a custom action in ProfileMatic, tough that is possible. Just say the conditions you have in mind and I'll add it to the app if I like it. You can use (almost)any condition or sensor in the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post: