Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by JoOppen View Post
Guess you are right - my hands are too small. But since they won't grow anymore I have to look for small devices if I want to use them with one Hand only. N9 was perfect. Jolla 1 is just a tad too big (for me)

Back on Topic: I also try to arrange those apps I need the most next to the right border (I am right-handed) The problem are the four apps in the first row. It is wonderful that I can use them easily if no other app is running. However, when there already is an app running, using any of the first row apps is awkward (for me, with small hands) because it is hard to reach to the top row while trying to hold the phone securely with one hand.
I can see your point even though I'm not affected, so lets hope Sailfish hits the market with different sizes, despite that the current trend is 5-6 inches.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Very nice. I wish I had the guts to do something similar.
Just three questions. Please note I am not questioning, I am genuinely interested.
  • You use Settings so frequently you need it in the top row?
  • You do not use Browser, Email, Phone and Messages?
  • If you have only 6 items in Frequent, what is the point of that folder at all? Why not move the 6 items to the top level?
Yep, usually just for the utilities but I also like to see the other options

Phone I just don't use anymore, Messages either but when I do get one the app notification launches it, same with email. Browser I use all the time but I don't want to accidentally launch it and waste battery.

I think that's also why I prefer to keep stuff on folders: no accidental launches

@joOppen - My hards are quite large but I have the same problem! Apps on the opposite side of the screen are hard to launch one-handed with the thumb because somehow I get a bit of skin at the base of the thumb touching the inner edge at the sametime that makes my clicks ineffective.

Do you also find that you press 'b' or '.' a lot when going for the spacebar? I used to think I was a lousy typist, but I've used an iPhone once or twice and I don't have that problem

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I don't understand why you waste all the free space by putting your 'frequent' shortcuts into a folder. If you use them so often, why not just leave them out of a folder, and save a touch each time you need them?

Alternatively, if you use Patchmanager and the Launcher mod, you can reduce your grid to a 3 by 3 (or whatever you want) so the launchers are spread better, and making them easier to reach.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
Do you also find that you press 'b' or '.' a lot when going for the spacebar?
No, but I frequently hit the key immediately to the left of the one I aim for. I do not have that lroblem on my daughter's Android tablet but of course, it has a huuuuge, 8" screen. Visible buttons instead of the Jolla's abomination also help a lot.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Haha, i learn about my self that i am a more complex guy when it comes to foldering

I still organize my apps that way, keeping all a i use frequent, sometimes and barly on first page and banning "never" used to second page.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@mosen, that looks too compuclated. I prefer tetris' version. Yours is also somewhat hampered by Sailfish's inability to place icons just anywhere: you are not allowed to have gaps and thus you are more or less forced to keep more icons on the screen than you would otherwise want to just to keep a rectangular pattern.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
  • You use Settings so frequently you need it in the top row?
I use Settings daily because that is where the brightness slider is. It would be nice to be able to access that from the notifications view, like on Android.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
It would be nice to be able to access that from the notifications view, like on Android.
You can, if you use the patch, Quick settings on power menu.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
You can, if you use the patch, Quick settings on power menu.
I would, if I were running the latest version of Sailfish OS. Unfortunately, it refuses to update, saying I don't have enough free space, although it claims that it needs about 1.5 GB of free space and I have 2.4 GB free.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I would, if I were running the latest version of Sailfish OS. Unfortunately, it refuses to update, saying I don't have enough free space, although it claims that it needs about 1.5 GB of free space and I have 2.4 GB free.
You don't have a SD card for storage, so you can try to free up some more space in phone memory?

The Following User Says Thank You to eson For This Useful Post: