Notices

Originally Posted by benlau View Post
yes , it is buggy. I have tried to set orientation before the editor launch. It doesn't work. After tried several kind of combination, my phone become strange in orientation detection. The editor is in portrait mode by default while the I hold the phone horizontally! And then I switch back to 0.2-1 release, the problem is still the same. I need to reset the phone in order to restore the behaviour.

It will take more time to study the problem. Hope that I could get solution from Qt community.
The stuck in portrait thing IMHO is a known Maemo bug, I played around with the transitions.ini file and now it doesn't happen anymore (or at least not as frequently).

ah yes , I also usually use it for note taking

The sort options suggestion is good. What if I make a sort option based on "Creation date"(the one using now) and "Last modified time"?

By the way , any user find that PenPen is a lot less responsive then sketch in drawing?
Nice.

Sorting by creation/modified date with date saperator labels - similar to the N900's default photo program's month/year labels - would also be great.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
can we have some thing like ' grouping ' and ' changing sketch place ' ? I am using penpen as a notes taking and simple mind mapping tool now .

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
@benlau 'play all' button would be so awesome and would make this an app i would use if this was implementet I have Mypaint installed so the sketch thing for me is covered there
Good job so far from you... keep it up

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
If you have any problem in using the software or would like to suggest for a feature, please feel free to let me know.
Zooming and Undo would be useful.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Hong Kong
Sorry for keeping silent. Recently I am busy on another N900 application , FrontView . (More function should be added , but I gave up finally)

Originally Posted by deter3 View Post
can we have some thing like ' grouping ' and ' changing sketch place ' ? I am using penpen as a notes taking and simple mind mapping tool now .
In fact, in my original plan , what I want to implement is a handwriting task list management and a brainstorming tool (not exactly a mindmap , but have similar function) . After a full day of work, I changed the mind , make a sketch book first. As the interface is more simple , and the developed module can be reused later.

Therefore , I prefer to keep the interface of PenPen Sketch Book as simple as possible. Optimized for note taking , and then create another software (e.g PenPen Brainstormer? PenPen Tasks?) for task and mindmap.

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
@benlau 'play all' button would be so awesome and would make this an app i would use if this was implementet I have Mypaint installed so the sketch thing for me is covered there
Good job so far from you... keep it up
well, 3 ppl voted for this feature.. any more?

Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
Zooming and Undo would be useful.
noted

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, animation will be fun, but it drags several other features with it - to be able to duplicate the last note and to edit the lines (deleting and then painting anew will be probably cumbersome). But if you decide to give it a go, you have my vote too.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
Then I will be waiting for PenPen Brainstormer then .

Is it possible to add a tiny function of moving "sketches" around to re-arrange the order in current penpen ? I am using penepn for brainstorm also , but it takes me awhile to find the right sketch for right project I am working on , so , re-arrange sketch order can be much helpful if possible .

I can say penpen is the best note taking tool I have been using on a mobile device , which has unlimited space with easier UI .

Originally Posted by benlau View Post
Sorry for keeping silent. Recently I am busy on another N900 application , FrontView . (More function should be added , but I gave up finally)

In fact, in my original plan , what I want to implement is a handwriting task list management and a brainstorming tool (not exactly a mindmap , but have similar function) . After a full day of work, I changed the mind , make a sketch book first. As the interface is more simple , and the developed module can be reused later.

Therefore , I prefer to keep the interface of PenPen Sketch Book as simple as possible. Optimized for note taking , and then create another software (e.g PenPen Brainstormer? PenPen Tasks?) for task and mindmap.

well, 3 ppl voted for this feature.. any more?

noted

I agree with the preference to keep things as simple as possible.

This app as it is achieves the ideal for a quick memo/scribble app - making a note with it is as fast as reaching for a pen and paper.

I'm definitely in favour of :

Zoom

Full screen mode :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SallyJane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Unlimited canvas is very cool feature. But one function that I still feel too clumsy is panning around the sketch. When making a sketch even clicking the pan mode -icon feels too much - .

What information data does the n900 touchscreen provide? Position, pressure and the press-area size? f it provides the area size, it would be possible to do the pannin like this:
1 small size, propably fingernail or stylys -> draw
2 big size, probably fingertip -> pan

ie. panning with finger, drawing with sharp edge (you really cant draw with finger anyways)

The panning could also be done with fake multitouch: when you are pressing with one finger and then press in other place at the same time, the pressing point is interperated in between. So: if the jump of the pressure point is unrealisticly big, start panning mode.
-> panning with two fingers

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Queens, NY
Looks good, downloading now!

EDIT: What are the big differences with this and the original sketch on the N900?

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

Last edited by HeavyComponent; 2010-07-10 at 16:07.