Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I rarely use smilies. Can't figure out what I'm implying, ask. If you assume, that's on you.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I rarely use smilies. Can't figure out what I'm implying, ask. If you assume, that's on you.
i didn't assume anything.
Shady obviously concluded something :|

to your point: if your post is clear, a smiley or two won't harm

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
When I'm meeting with, negotiating against or interviewing a person.. Excessive frequency of and improperly timed smiles usually sends a red flag that the person is uneasy of something. Whether they're unsure of what they're saying, making false promises or hiding something.. Or just uneasy in social situation.

But it's never a good sign.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I truly hope that all the folks with the N950 actually do something with it.

Otherwise, I can enumerate 200+ folks that had an opportunity to do something cool with hardware that we mere mortals don't have access to.

Take the hint. Don't let this be another N900 situation where the devs talked a good game, but didn't really produce much. Just saying...
Don't worry, I am debugging my qml as we speak.

I was kinda expecting something like this from you after what you cried to developer program thread about stuff being handled really badly.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
When I'm meeting with, negotiating against or interviewing a person.. Excessive frequency of and improperly timed smiles usually sends a red flag that the person is uneasy of something. Whether they're unsure of what they're saying, making false promises or hiding something.. Or just uneasy in social situation.

But it's never a good sign.
face to face?

the issue with internet conversations is that you can not see other peoples reactions thus making the whole conversation million times harder. that is why you have some cute smileys in the internets.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
face to face?

the issue with internet conversations is that you can not see other peoples reactions thus making the whole conversation million times harder. that is why you have some cute smileys in the internets.
Well yeah
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
like i said before, what will be will be
the old molly may still have more juice in her then, e.g., the crappy barge it has to howl, now. iPotatos may be popular for those who can afford it or the not quite so cheap plans that usually come w/ it, but for those who have to pay for a "smart phone", Symbian devices may turn out to be the only alternative, if Android gets derailed (either by m$ or by Oracle with the Java licensing claims or both).

if you are refering to the portrait feature, honestly... tried it and don't see the point. the limitation of the N900 as a mobile phone comes from the lack of physical keys to dial (SMS, message, aso.) blindly.
fail to see how portrait vs. landscape changes that, alas

personally, i'd rather try... the combination top right
u can go know potrait keyboard instantly. instead of waiting it to rotate, which also gets tiresome.
u can get to hold ur phone its potrait which is in my opinion more practical than holding lanscape then changing to make a call.

Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
u can go know potrait keyboard instantly. instead of waiting it to rotate, which also gets tiresome.
u can get to hold ur phone its potrait which is in my opinion more practical than holding lanscape then changing to make a call.
does the changing orientation still work if you always keep it in landscape mode?

for a phone, i guess portrait is (still) the expected orientation.
PCs seem to have gone landscape all the way, no?
makes the keyboard use, whether physical or virtual easier, i guess.

depends on how one uses the N900, maybe?

just rambling, anyway.
tried it, un-installed it.
i saw from the list of 50+ (little) known features of the N900 that w/ CSSU portrait can be much more pervasive on the N900 too.

guess the improvements made by NOKIA via Harmatan make the whole difference between usability and functionality (for the N950).

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
This looks cool.

I'm sad cause I don't see any cool features..only ranting

The Following User Says Thank You to Pillum For This Useful Post: