Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Eindhoven Area, the Netherlands
With pr 1.2 gtalk videocalling worked flawless for me.
Since pr 1.3 the button won't show up in contact cards. Also after re-install. Did not tried a flash yet.

Originally Posted by dolphins View Post
i have issues with it too

it began since pr1.2 recently. i cant make or receive video or voice calls, i get disconnected right as the connection is made

i also flashed pr1.3 so no use reinstalling, but haven't tried to reset the device completely, it's too much to sacrifice for this
Still no love on a wiped/reflashed PR1.3 device. Incoming works, outgoing gets error message from Gtalk. That said Gtalk is apparently down today. Maybe they will fix this issue (if it is indeed an issue with Google's servers as the error states)?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ sarajevo
Hi all,
I have similar issue with my N9. When I call or get called from a PC to a phone over Gtalk, everything is OK, but talking to someone on another service (ie Fring) which uses Gtalk is not possible. When I call someone on Fring/GTalk, or they call me, only one party hears a call. On N9 I see only "connecting ..." and nothing else happens.

Any idea anyone!?

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
its work on my pr1.3

So.. same thing for me, error when trying to make calls. It worked fine until few weeks ago. Upgrading to PR1.3 or reinstalling GTalk plugin did not help. Fortunately it's possible to be called, but it's still annoying.
Does Google try to sabotage the N9 too?

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CA, USA
I too am facing the same problem. Even incoming calls are not working fine for me. I'm sure it's not the issue with PR1.3 but the way google has changed it's video calling. Even GMail shows up an altogether new calling UI (video hangouts).

So pretty much the Gtalk Video Call plugin has to be updated in N9 to match the latest Google APIs.

Originally Posted by vikas-1977 View Post
I too am facing the same problem. Even incoming calls are not working fine for me. I'm sure it's not the issue with PR1.3 but the way google has changed it's video calling. Even GMail shows up an altogether new calling UI (video hangouts).

So pretty much the Gtalk Video Call plugin has to be updated in N9 to match the latest Google APIs.
Same problem here. I think youre right Vikas, the new hangout system is the main cause of the issue. This plugin need to be updated !

im just testing it, its works flawlessly here, :|

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
@ibra could you add details of your gmail account?

Have you done a 100% device-exclusive gmail account, or have you tried it on a computer beforehand?

Nope just regular account, fyi i installing gtalk videocall plugin before updating my fw, maybe thats why, cmiiw

oh you can add me ibra.kalifa@gmail.com
ps:front camera and primary(main camera) working great too
here the ss when make a video call

Last edited by ibrakalifa; 2012-08-27 at 13:54. Reason: add ss

Tags
gtalk, video call