Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangkok
After a lot of info searching I am still unable to use the LAN connection from my laptop over 802.11 on my n900 (web browsing,sip calling, etc.). I have tried the Windows 7 ad hoc setup with no success. I managed to have everything connected with Connectify but still unable to browse the web or make calls. Firewall and virus protection has been disabled. Tried changing primary DNS.

Any help would be appreciated.

What version of connectify are you using? It works perfectly fine for me. 2.0 and 2.01 has issues in general but the earlier version works pretty well.

Originally Posted by jlacombe View Post
After a lot of info searching I am still unable to use the LAN connection from my laptop over 802.11 on my n900 (web browsing,sip calling, etc.). I have tried the Windows 7 ad hoc setup with no success. I managed to have everything connected with Connectify but still unable to browse the web or make calls. Firewall and virus protection has been disabled. Tried changing primary DNS.

Any help would be appreciated.
well i did set mine on my sisters dell laptop (win7) but it was not a breeze and it works at such a low speed its almost better if i stayed disconnected but i got it to work, half the speed faster. i simply just followed these steps

http://tnerd.com/2007/07/25/how-to-c...-wifi-hotspot/

and i put no key on it, wep or any of that stuff so there was no interference.(for me it was the password that made impossible to work on) and i also had to make sure the laptop was also connected to that same wireless ad hoc.

hope this helps!!!