Posts: 112 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Twitter rumours:

"eldarmurtazin Eldar Murtazin
MS&Nokia deal could be closed in 2011. MS want to buy Nokia Mobile division. No info about price/terms/dates."

Yuck . I'm feeling sick, will womit soon

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to larux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
eldar is full of crap, although you never know when it comes to nokia + microsoft relationship ...

That above comment is a bit scary honestly. He posted it 2 times today.
Just 2 days ago he said OVI brand was being shut, and what news do we have today.

I really really really hope it's just part of the fud he throws out everyday, not something he actually knows.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-05-16 at 10:11.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
That's pure BS.. its been stated many times before that MS has no interest in buying Nokia..

It won't be that easy legally also to buy Nokia

If Microsoft wants Windows Phone to have any chance of becoming a success, it needs Nokia (and others) to choose WP as their only software platform.
Buying the Nokia mobile division is probably to only way they can prevent Nokia from adopting Android in 12-18 months.
If the first Nokia WP phones aren't a big hit immediately from the start, the market share of Nokia in the smartphone market will have dropped to such a low point in 12 months time that shareholders will insist that Nokia management should "do something" .
And the only thing Nokia can do at that point in time is to place bets on more than one horse, so they will probably announce a future Android Nokia device in addition to WP7 somewhere in 2012.
Unless Microsoft buys the mobile phone division....

So yes, I think this is very likely to happen actually.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Does Microsoft need to buy Nokia if they already build Windows Phone Mobiles?

The other way around it wouldn't surprise me because the Nokia stocks are getting cheaper and cheaper... but they are not in a hurry.

As soon as the next Nokia CEO could try to rescure the sunken oil platform Microsoft could easily buy Nokia to force them to stick with Windows Phone 7, 8 and 9...

They want to buy the Mobile Phone division. I think Nokia are screwed, it seems all the shareholders care about is money and will sell if the price is right. What an atrocious state of affairs.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Large corporations never deny anything right up until the point they do it do they?
It's an entirely feasible thing and quite a scary one for Nokia to consider, they would be engulfed in the Microsoft monolith never to be seen again.

Perhaps a Sony-Ericsson style merger would be more on the cards?

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
true, they aren't in a hurry. And they don't need to buy that whole division, the just need a big share of Nokia stocks

Compared to Skype buy this one is in a another galaxy. Microsoft bought Skype for 8.2 billion as did Nokia buy Navteq for 8.1 billion couple of years ago.
Skype got under 1000 employes, Nokia got 130 000 employes. Nokia got 11 billion euros sitting on it's bank account and still manages to make 700 million euros in a very crappy quarter.

Historically Nokia is VERY non Microsoft like of company to buy. Imo NSN and Nokia separation needs to happen before that can happen(and that's entirely possible and rumored for long time). Half of Nokia's workforce is tied to NSN.
Also would it not scare all other mobile makers if MS made Nokia it's mobile division?

Damn i hope this wont happen.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-05-16 at 14:49.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:

Tags
eldar, goodbye nokia, prophet eldar