Hey guys!!
For the last two days my N9 has a problem...some of the apps (like messages, web, mail etc) rotates to landscape mode even though the phone is held in portrait...also i have to swipe from right to left to close the app..any solutions??
Thanks

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Do you have Swipe Manager? Have you played with it?

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Hi,

First, didn't you lock your phone in landscape mode ?

Otherwise, it could be an accelerometer hardware problem.

I experienced some strange behaviors like this recently probably caused by an accidental drop of my phone. I had to lock the phone in portrait mode to use it...

By using a level app and the sensor galery I noticed a constant shift of -90° on the X axis. I don't know if it was a calibration issue or if the accelerometer could have made a rotation in the phone .

BTW, as I didn't want to use the Nokia care services, I manage to fix it by patching sensord. I added a constant shift of the X axis in the libaccelerometeradaptor and now everything is working fine again.

Can you install the sensor galery app and told us what result the QAccelerometer sensor gives you when your phone lies flat on a table ? The level app can help too...

https://projects.developer.nokia.com/sensorgallery

i had swipe manager...uninstalled it long back...
i have quick tweak now...although the landscape mods are now in default.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Did reflashing help?

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

i havent reflashed it yet...trying to find out a way to solve this....
i think somethings wrong with the accelerometer....because i downloaded the compass app and it doesnt work...as in the app opens up but doesnt work

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
roshan,

When you restored to default in N9QTweak did you use a clean backup?

im not sure i understand what you mean by cleanbackup..
in the quick tweak menu...the option z is for restore to default....i dont remember any other options showing up..

also i tried nfs shift....the game loads...but i cant handle it properly...so im guessing its the accelerometer..i havent dropped the phone or anything...

the problem started when once the whole os crashed and i had to hard reboot it...ever since then its been like this

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by roshan.ramkumar View Post
im not sure i understand what you mean by cleanbackup..
in the quick tweak menu...the option z is for restore to default....i dont remember any other options showing up..

also i tried nfs shift....the game loads...but i cant handle it properly...so im guessing its the accelerometer..i havent dropped the phone or anything...

the problem started when once the whole os crashed and i had to hard reboot it...ever since then its been like this
To do a restore to default rule number 1 is to have your own clean backup or download a clean backup; no backup what do you expect to restore from?

Run Tweak L while connected to the internet then run Tweak Z...

hey guys
thanks for replying..
i tried flashing it (comprehensive reset) the problems are still there...
1. some of the apps like messages , mail, gallery etc are always in landscape mode.
2. NFS shif doesnt work properly i cant turn the car
3. Galaxy on fire doesnt even open up..

the only thing left to do is zeroize the device...not sure if i want to ...
any last minute advice..??