Originally Posted by FGol View Post
I just started using mpd and it works great but the audio plays to the server's sound card, so it won't stream to the IT AFAIK.
That's where icecast comes in; mpd supports multiple outputs, of various local (alsa, esd, etc.) types, and also icecast, and each output can be individually toggled. So you can have both, and just set it to stream instead of going out alsa when you want to use it that way.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
There is no need... I think, to do all that stuff...

With a shared folder (that I can see in my network office) the Music library finds it.. (I guess there is no audio or video in her folder)...

Here's a screenshot (and I added a weird one of drop.io making me view all my files as in root mode, when the flash is accesing my files)

http://drop.io/screenc

Last edited by yegaoo; 2008-09-05 at 18:35.

Yes, but that's not streaming, which is what he asked for; it's got advantages and disadvantages.

well, i finally got tversity to work, my mistake was the files were not i n np3 format the minute I changed them it worked great, I also was able to use my slimserver than.

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
That's where icecast comes in; mpd supports multiple outputs, of various local (alsa, esd, etc.) types, and also icecast, and each output can be individually toggled. So you can have both, and just set it to stream instead of going out alsa when you want to use it that way.
Interesting.... I'll look into that. thank you.

Frank

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by danesh View Post
well, i finally got tversity to work, my mistake was the files were not i n np3 format the minute I changed them it worked great, I also was able to use my slimserver than.
There is another way, if you have only less than 2Gb of music, use the mp3tunes service. It is not from your computer, but works.

Tags
music, remote