Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
maybe we are all very happy with ours Nexus 5 and Sailfish Anyway, I hope Mautz will release the new version soon, I'd like to test it
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
I find myself in complete agreement with @claustn, I am extremely happy with that phone (Mautz-Kernel plus BT fix). It's truly the best thing that has ever happened to me since the N900 (which I still use as a secondary phone).

The only slight glitch I have been noticing recently is Bluetooth not coming up on startup once in a while. Even restarting the BT service from the command line wouldn't work. So, I'd need to reboot (nothing I'd worry about, though).

Also, BT handsfree still isn't working (distorted audio - see way above).

@mautz, all my hopes rest on you.
I agree with both of you. I am really happy with my Nexus5 and SailfishOS. And 'Yes', the Bluetooth Fix is very good for battery life.

@dubliner:

I see your 'bluetooth' problem and can confirm it. In some rare cases the script that I wrote after some discussions with Mautz hangs... Sometimes though it is the Bluetooth stack itself that fails, and the problem is not related to the script. You can try to recover bluetooth with the following commands...

Code:
devel-su
/bin/echo 0 > /proc/bluetooth/sleep/lpm
killall bt-sleep-monitor.sh dbus-monitor
systemctl restart bluetooth
./bt-sleep-monitor.sh &
Or use a script that you can start with one command, like 'devel-su bt-fix.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# Fix failing bluetooth connection in combination with the
# bt-sleep-monitor.sh script
#
# usage: devel-su bt-fix.sh

sleep 2
./bt-sleep-monitor.sh &
# In the example bt-fix.sh and bt-sleep-monitor.sh are located in my /home/nemo folder.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Hi everyone,

i am very busy lately so i wasn't able to post here. I found some bugs in my CM13 port.

I didn't had the time to investigate the bluetooth call issue, but i'll look into this next week.

Minimecs bt script isn't working on cm13 port at the moment, because hcitool doesn't show any connections when it is connected to a bt speaker, so it quits the connection after 120 seconds. Minimec could you check this on cm13?

Call volume is not adjustable on cm13, i don't know if it was adjustable on cm12.1, could anyone please give me feddback on this?

The screen freeze bug is still occurs on cm13, like on many other ports, but i found out, that sometimes if a three or four finger touch wasn't enough, a 8 or 9 finger touch will get the UI workin again.

How is battery life on cm12.1 with working suspend mode on cm12.1?

I'm trying to figure out the above issues and going to release the cm13 port, when 2.1 is released, so i can check if OTA is working.

Hopefully i'll find the time to get an sfdroid compatible build released, but i don't have the time to do this at the moment.

And it would be nice, if you could post if you want custom kernels for cm13 and if yes, which features i should include.

Have a nice weekend!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Call volume IS adjustable in CM12! My battery life is not as good as yours, I'm going to try the BT suspend mode tomorrow. But maybe the cause is the use of AlienDalvik.

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Hi everyone,

And it would be nice, if you could post if you want custom kernels for cm13 and if yes, which features i should include.

Have a nice weekend!
I'm not sure I understood correctly. But I wanted to tell you when I had the opportunity. Thanks for your porting works and is it possible to have double tap to wake up feature?

The Following User Says Thank You to maidis For This Useful Post:
There is already a sort of double tap, it turns on the screen with the proximity sensor and then you can unlock it just by tapping

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
My custom kernel has double tap to wake feature, but since this is not an original feature of the Nexus5 it will cause a massive battery drain.

Better use the fake dt2w with LPM mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
I've installed the kernel for BT sleep, installed the script with the chmod -x but it doesn't work, I still get 0 in suspend time. What do I have missed?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
I've installed the kernel for BT sleep, installed the script with the chmod -x but it doesn't work, I still get 0 in suspend time. What do I have missed?
did you mean chmod +x ? it gives scritp executable permissions. maybe this is an issue

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Yes I mean that command, just copied and pasted from the post of Minimec to terminal. Maybe I didn't do it as root

Could someone tell me what commands do I have to run?

Last edited by claustn; 2017-04-09 at 12:54.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Yes I mean that command, just copied and pasted from the post of Minimec to terminal. Maybe I didn't do it as root

Could someone tell me what commands do I have to run?

Let's debug your issue. First after boot, I would check that you have the 'bluetooth-sleep-kernel' by Mautz installed and running.

Code:
devel-su
ls /proc/bluetooth/sleep/
The output should be this...
Code:
asleep btwake btwrite hostwake lpm proto
If you don't start the 'bt-sleep-monitor.sh' script in some startup script or systemd service, you have to start it manually. (I pretend that the script is in the /home/nemo folder)

Code:
chmod +x bt-sleep-monitor.sh   # Needed only once
devel-su
./bt-sleep-monitor.sh &
exit
You should now be able to monitor the script and get the suspend stats
Code:
tail -f /dev/shm/bt-sleep-monitor.log   # <ctrl>c to stop
mcetool --get-suspend-stats
To recover borken bluetooth, you can try
Code:
devel-su
./bt-sleep-monitor.sh &
exit
If it's just the script that hangs...
Code:
devel-su
./bt-sleep-monitor.sh &
exit

Would be cool if others could give it a try too...
Kernel can be downloaded here.
The script can be downloaded here... including all relevant informations...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimec For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid